Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mint.com

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mint.com

For help with managing finances and finding where all your money goes each month let Mint.com help you. I just heard about it today and have already signed up. Its secure and can be a giant help. check it out.

Heres a review

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mint.com

Wow, thats a really cool site.
Message 2 of 13
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that does seem cool. I'm still worried about putting my info on the web. DH says a flat out NO, but i'm going to dig a little deeper and see if I know anyone with it or just more information.
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the rising incidents of ID theft, I would encourage anyone who is thinking about sharing personal information to thoroughly check the website/company out. Not just this site, but any sites of the sort.

ID theft can be disastrous.

Check, double check, triple check, and check again before sharing any personal information.

You can track expenses, make a budget, track your bills,etc, with a little work in Excel.

You have to manually input your data, but you don't send your personal information across the internet.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used Mint.com for awhile, but finally got fed up with having to re-categorize all of my expenses and I wanted to track my daily spending record for cash payments.  Unfortunately, since Mint is based on trying to intuitively determine what your expenses map to, you end up with a lot of incorrect entries.  To be fair, you can set rules, but it still takes work and isn't always 100% accurate. 

I've switched to an equally labor-intensive (but highly accurate) solution for tracking receipts and budgeting:

I log my receipts before bed each night, or 1-2x per week.  I keep a separate worksheet for adding my balances together.

I'm still debating personal finance software, but they all seem buggy and require you to constantly correct mistakes.  Software often tries to be "too smart."

Message Edited by FICOScott on 08-09-2008 09:43 AM
Message 5 of 13
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Totally agree with Scott.  I use Excel and would never trust a site like that. :-/
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used Mint successfully for a few months now. I have not had any problems, and it has been super helpful when you are using multiple cards. I have a ton of CC's and I had been using all of them. So it helps to see them all in one place.

Yes it is scary. Someone gave me a spreadsheet a while back that is very useful. But I have loved it so far.

No ID theft as of yet. But i suspect that would be the site to hack if you were in the business to steal identities.
Message 7 of 13
jaybird201
Established Contributor

I've been using yodlee.com for awhile now. I like it's format better and it has way better tools for budgeting, spending analysis, net worth calculation etc.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying out the Portfolio on BofA (same thing, I think).

It's free, but it doesn't seem to update often/accurately. It tells me I have bills due soon/overdue that I've already paid.

If it doesn't work, I'm going to quit using it.
Message 9 of 13
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

I heard about mint last month from someone on these boards and I LOVE IT!!! I used to spend about an hour a day logging into all my financial accounts. (I'm a little OCD in this area.) I feel that mint has been fully vetted and they have no access to my money; its just a great place to see everything at once. I agree that the budgeting tools don't work right but I LOVE being able to login at one site and see immediately what my balances are and, also, where most of my transactions are. Can you believe 29 transactions at Wal-Mart in less than 30 days. We should buy stock....
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.