Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistakes have cost me on this one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mistakes have cost me on this one

Im somewhat happy with my purchase but at the same time Im disgusted with how things turned out. Ive read this board for years and it helped me make really good decisions on my last two home purchases. So good that at both places, I had people approach me and asked me if I would sell my house, and I made a good profit. Then came this property. If there was ever a trap, this was it. It was an acre with an old mobile home on it. I knew the mobile was junk, but I hoped it would last a few months until i got settled in. I knew it had a water line leak. Well, every water line under it was busted. Im using an outside faucet and a 5 gallon bucket for water. I knew the septic sprinkler system needed repair, so im not counting that, im just adding it in. It turned out the roof had blown off and the guy and his friends stuck it back on. It sounds like the roof was off for a couple of weeks.  The property was marked with a fence. It has surveyor pins on each corner of the lot where they are suppose to be. After I moved in, i looked at the county property map. It was 35 feet off. I hired a surveyor and it was 35 feet off. I now have 35 feet of a giant ditch at the south end of my property. I also found out the guy who sold me the place killed two people in the street in front of my house. They were both related to everyone who lives on my little country road. So, when i asked the owner of the property next door to my place about how to fix it, they ran me off. They hate the guy who lived here before and killed their son and grandson. Its not a bad area, its out in the country. I was lucky that my septic system was on my property by about 7 feet. If i was a gambling man, I would say the odds of everything that happened wouldnt have been that good. I bought a new mobile home, so im not that upset about the way the mobile turned out. I still like the land, so i can deal with the stupid ditch i got along with it. My land, moving down 35 feet, took almost all my neighbors land. He is sandwiched in and there isnt much he can do,  but like i said, everyone on the road is family, so i spent a lot of time warning them before hand, so when the stakes were put in, they knew it was coming. Its a disaster, but its a somewhat salvageable disaster. There was no photo of the land with the title or abstract. Thats about the only thing that could have saved me on the survey other than just having it surveyed before i bought it, which i didnt think i needed to. The surveyor told me 9 times out of 10 the property owners think they are smarter than the surveyors and move the pins back when they leave. But the head guy said the pins were within an inch of where they should have been if that would have been the correct land description, so he doesnt believe the homeowners moved the pins. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Mistakes have cost me on this one

Whoa... thats crazy.  Hopefully they have enough sense not to blame you for the things the other guy did...    he sounds like a real winner

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@805orbustlooks like Rant and Run. Account nuked!

Message 3 of 5
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 dude I just saw... I was CON-FUSED!!!  Talk about rant and run...  I mean what is even the point? 🤣

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

@FireMedic1 dude I just saw... I was CON-FUSED!!!  Talk about rant and run...  I mean what is even the point? 🤣

@805orbust  Smiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley LOL

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.