Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly guest q & a

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Monthly guest q & a

Probably wrong forum but honestly have no clue where to post( see, still have to learnSmiley Wink

Is it me or has it been awhile since we've had one of those monthly questions and answers with different posters and their experiences? Has it been axed or or is everyone too busy? Slow SundaySmiley Wink
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Monthly guest q & a

Oh oh *raises hand* Are there any good tools or websites out there that I can use to teach my nephew's and son about credit and budgets? We're having "class" next weekend on scores, cards and budgets.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Probably wrong forum but honestly have no clue where to post( see, still have to learnSmiley Wink

Is it me or has it been awhile since we've had one of those monthly questions and answers with different posters and their experiences? Has it been axed or or is everyone too busy? Slow SundaySmiley Wink

Hey @AverageJoesCredit, that's a great question!

It has been a while since we've had an 'AMA', and the plan is to pick it back up again at some point in the future.  I don't have a goal date or time-frame at this time, though... hopefully it won't be too long.  Smiley Happy

--UB

Message 3 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Uncle B and Medicgrrl for the responses. Will be interesting to see who s brain we get to pick nextSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the culprit here.  I have been super busy--  Hopefully, soon.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never knew there was a Q & A thread.

I actually just really want there to be a new flavour-of-the-month/bandwagon card. The US Bank Altitude Reserve failed to garner much attention around here. Examples of FofTM/Bandwagon cards that entertained the heck out of me (and these are not necessarily in order):

PSECU Visa/PLOC combo & free FICO score before that became de jour (2011 ish)

Everybodies favourite: The Duck and Beaver cards

Diners Club

Nasa FCU (LOL)

Macy's/Bloomingdales during the combo of major purchase and club accounts (ie why people have $20K Macy's store card limits)

Comenty SCT (ongoing but thankfully toned down)

BBVA Compass NBA (LOL)

Capital One Venture (2015-2016 insane credit lines)

Blisspay

NFCU (ongoing; especially after May 2016 when NLUS Sand Diego was discovered- the only bandwagon I jumped on and very happy I did; also happy that I was not late to the party)

That weird bank in the South (forget the name) that issued cards for I think three banks; someone posted his approval and it spread like wildfire. The bank shut everybody down-quickly.

Banco Popular de Puerto Rico Avianca cards

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 UR bonus)

Penfed (ongoing-especially since they have relaxed lending standards)

Any others? I am sure I am missing some.  I really wish something would come along...I need you all to entertain me.

Message 6 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

What @AverageJoesCredit is referring to is the monthly AMA, or "Ask Me Anything" sessions we once had. 

They are generally quite informative; here are a few from the past (disclaimer... I'm not picking favorites; they are all fantastic... I'm just providing links to the first few I can put my hand on and they are in no particular order):

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB thanks for volunteering! Smiley Happy Remember, in the Army one of the first things we learned is be careful what you wish for!
Message 8 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
UncleB thanks for volunteering! Smiley Happy Remember, in the Army one of the first things we learned is be careful what you wish for!

I think it was once said, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread..."  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 22
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually just really want there to be a new flavour-of-the-month/bandwagon card. The US Bank Altitude Reserve failed to garner much attention around here. Examples of FofTM/Bandwagon cards that entertained the heck out of me (and these are not necessarily in order):

PSECU Visa/PLOC combo & free FICO score before that became de jour (2011 ish)

Everybodies favourite: The Duck and Beaver cards

Diners Club

Nasa FCU (LOL)

Macy's/Bloomingdales during the combo of major purchase and club accounts (ie why people have $20K Macy's store card limits)

Comenty SCT (ongoing but thankfully toned down)

BBVA Compass NBA (LOL)

Capital One Venture (2015-2016 insane credit lines)

Blisspay

NFCU (ongoing; especially after May 2016 when NLUS Sand Diego was discovered- the only bandwagon I jumped on and very happy I did; also happy that I was not late to the party)

That weird bank in the South (forget the name) that issued cards for I think three banks; someone posted his approval and it spread like wildfire. The bank shut everybody down-quickly.

Banco Popular de Puerto Rico Avianca cards

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 UR bonus)

Penfed (ongoing-especially since they have relaxed lending standards)

Any others? I am sure I am missing some.  I really wish something would come along...I need you all to entertain me.

Chase Amazon Prime....ongoing!....I guess you could include that Luxury Gold Mastercard by barclaycard, if you just fell in love with the 995 dollar AF, with less benefits than the CSR...but hey it's metal, and 24k gold plated!!!!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.