Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mopar LIFETIME warranty expectations?

tag
JFox418
Regular Contributor

Mopar LIFETIME warranty expectations?

My wife and I bought a 2014 Grand Caravan R/T in 2013 and negotiated a lifetime bumper to bumper mopar warranty in the deal. (thanks to the forum at that time because I had CU pre-approval and the dealer actually beat it using citizens bank) The van has been awesome for us, only a few issues and the $100 deductible for just about any problem has been fantastic. Currently have almost 130k miles on it. 

Anyways, a little while back we were having some blower fan issues and they ended up just replacing the whole control panel. When we were checking out and paying our deductible the tech said he was surprised chrysler hasn't tried buying us out of the warranty yet. I thought that was a little odd? We plan to keep it for a while, and I knew at some point the value of the van would get low enough that some repairs may not be worth it. 

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation or can share any outcomes? It was our first new vehicle purchase and knew we wanted to keep it 10 years or more to make it worth it. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Re: Mopar LIFETIME warranty expectations?

There's a point where the cost of the repair will be too much, and Mopar will simply buy back the car.  I'm not sure of the specifics, its buried in the fine print.  I know a couple of people that have/had the lifetime warranty and its definitely worthwile.  I don't see them buying back too many vehicles right now though if its based on market value, used cars are $$$ right now.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 2 of 3
JFox418
Regular Contributor

Re: Mopar LIFETIME warranty expectations?

@rostrow416 wrote:

There's a point where the cost of the repair will be too much, and Mopar will simply buy back the car.  I'm not sure of the specifics, its buried in the fine print.  I know a couple of people that have/had the lifetime warranty and its definitely worthwile.  I don't see them buying back too many vehicles right now though if its based on market value, used cars are $$$ right now.

Right. So spitballing here let's say it's current value is $7500 (not sure how they base it's value) and it has a $10k warranty repair. Would they write a check to buy it out for $7500 and then they can just walk away at that point?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.