Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More of a rant than anything....

tag
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

More of a rant than anything....

Without opening a gigantic can of worms for the mods......

I hate how much healthcare costs. I hate that I am in a situation financially where I have to make financial decisions on whether I really should go get my leg (that I hurt REALLY BAD last week!) checked out. It will cost at least $500 WITH INSURANCE. 

I'm course correcting on the finances (BK7 filing at the end of the month), and I've put "some" money into savings and will not touch it (I'm taking less than $200 right now lol, thanks to some really helpful folks on here). I don't have a safety net (savings or otherwise). 

This year has sucked health-wise. I got COVID twice in two months even though I'm vaccinated, boosted, (June/July) and now I've got this leg issue.

/end rant - thanks for listening!

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: More of a rant than anything....

I do hope you got your leg checked out.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 2 of 4
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

I do hope you got your leg checked out.  

Thank you. I'm mostly pain-free now. I got a bone bruise. I'm just lucky I didn't fracture it. 

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 3 of 4
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Glad you are better.  Not bragging or anything, just sharing.  I (very fortunately) have the oposite luck as you (low cost insurance vs high cost).  I still don't know how this happened but during the pandemic, I heard a commercial stating that the Covered California marketplace has new low rate plans for all (all, as in not income based).  I figured what the heck, I checked it out and OMG, the rates seemed too got ot be true.  Long story short(er), I had my own plan outside of Kaiser while my wife and 3 kids shared a family Kaiser plan.  Together, our monthly rates were over $1,000.  We were able to keep my wife's/kid's exact plan, add me to the plan, and we pay notaby less than $1,000/mo now.  And they threw in free Delta dental insurance for the whole family.  I still don't understand.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.