cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My AMAZING adventure at the gas station.

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

My AMAZING adventure at the gas station.

Last week dh and I left the movie & I decided on a fill-up.  I had .90/off per gallon at get-go.  Gas was 1.99 so I was happy to pay $1.09!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

I began the fill up.....it clicked off.  I pulled the handle out of the tank & gas sprayed EVERYWHERE....my face was soaked.

I'm yelling like a crazy woman.  What's DH doing.......sitting in the car reading a Hooters Magazine (remind me to cancel that card)....didn't hear a thing.

He complained all the way home that I SMELLED.  He now has a goose egg on his forehead.Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My AMAZING adventure at the gas station.

Did the low price come with a free in-your-face gasoline spritz? jk

Good thing you didn't get it in your eyes. I did that once and learned never to do that again!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So many questions:

1. How the heck did you get 90 cents off per gallon?

2. Did you complain to the clerk inside the store?

3. Do you think this is a trick used on folks that are using this insane discount at the pumps? Maybe it's not worth it. LOL.

Seriously, that's horrible. I can't STAND the smell of gas. My sister loves that smell, it gives me a headache. What a crappy day!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So many questions:

1. How the heck did you get 90 cents off per gallon?

If she shops at Winn-Dixie and uses their "Rewards" card (not a CC, LOL -- just a frequent shopper card) she'd get up to $.90 off on gas at selected gas stations.

We do that. We even have a whopping 6 stations to choose from, LOL. Still, every bit helps!  

2. Did you complain to the clerk inside the store?

3. Do you think this is a trick used on folks that are using this insane discount at the pumps? Maybe it's not worth it. LOL.

Seriously, that's horrible. I can't STAND the smell of gas. My sister loves that smell, it gives me a headache. What a crappy day!

OMGosh ... I LOVE the smell of gas. It reminds me of my Dad's studio -- it always smelled of Bestine and Turpentine (for thinning paint -- we're artists by trade). And gas smells a LOT like'em.

So, even though it's stinky, it reminds me of my Dad, whom I've not been able to visit for EIGHT years. Smiley Sad

Fish, I really feel for you. I got gas in my eyes once and I'm too durned terrified to let that happen now. I'm so scared of "gas-related accidents" that I refuse to let my kids pump my gas for me (my DS wants to desperately -- especially when there's a pretty girl at the pump next to us -- he's only 11, but wants those girls to think he's old enough to drive!).

And yep, I'da given my DH a goose-egg, too!! Mayhap even a shiner to go with! Smiley Wink

How you feeling? 

Message 4 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

for every $50 spent, we get .10 off per gallon.  Includes gift cards, prescriptions, dry cleaning, etc.  I ended up with .90.

I got some gas in my left eye, but fortunately I had a small bottle of eye drops.  I kept rinsing my eye out.  I loaded up hand sanitizer and wiped my face.

We get home & he recommends that I leave my clothing in the garage....WELL DUH!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

fishbjc wrote:

I got some gas in my left eye, but fortunately I had a small bottle of eye drops. 

OUCH!!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you were in DH's car so he got to smell it for several days. I bet he will jump out of the car next time to fill it up before you can even get your seatbelt off. DW would tell me to keep looking at my Hooters magazine in the spare room for a while if this had happened to her, especially if I had told her she smelled!

Seriously, glad you did not get gas in your eyes! 

Message 7 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

my gosh!  i'm glad you're okay!
Message 8 of 12
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

You are pretty lucky!!! That could have ended in a real bad way.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually there's a sign at most stations that says not to let children pump gas. I use it when my friend's kids WANT to do it --"Nope, see the sign says you can't!"

Anyone know why that is?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.