Did you mean: 

My Fico Sins

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: My Fico Sins

@Aim_High wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

Not using free money from bank transfer offers.
 Not getting a card for the "Sub".
 Not taking advantage of the "Float".
 Not chasing higher CL's.
 Not chasing new cards for an extra few dollars/month.
 Not having a Discover, AmeX, Chase, Navy or BofA card.

Not having a full credit mix, and not getting an SSL
 Pay each card off more than once a month.
 Not having at least 7 cards.
 Not following "AZEO" every month.
 Not panic, when my score changes every month.
 Not putting spend on a cards trying to make an issuer happy.

Not having total CL's higher than my income.

1) None of those things has anything to do with being either a "Sinner" ... or a "Saint."   They are all options that our members choose to either do or not to do when managing their credit, but nothing makes them either "right" or "wrong."   I do some of those items and I don't do others, but which-is-which doesn't really matter.   I don't judge my friends on My Fico for which side of those fences they fall.    While the topics might come up sometimes to discuss in terms of pro's or con's, we all have to make our own choices. 

2) Perhaps  a better way to take this discussion is to say why you choose not to do any of those things, @Kforce?  Tell us your philosophy item-by-item on why you avoid them. 

I  agree 100%

There is no right or wrong we all have to make our own choices.

I just made a bad choice of a title and wording.

The idea came from another post where the poster felt they had made a myfico sin.

It made me realize how far from the myfico forum trends I fall.

Over the last 6 years, I have posted many many times.

Most of the above "anti forum trends" (hope it is better than sins) have been covered and answered over the years.  As with all things people fall into different life profiles (income, debt, available time, age, health, credit profile, etc).  This makes what is best for me not what is best for the next person.  

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.