cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Target Guest Card Has Been Revoked!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

My Target Guest Card Has Been Revoked!!!!

I went to Target to buy groceries tonight. I used my Old Target Guest Card at the checkout. I swipped my card as usual. It didn't go through for some reason. I did it twice. I t was the same thing. I used my other Visa card to pay for the purchase. I called Target customer service. They told me they already deactivated my Old Target Guest Card. They also told me they are getting ready for new Target EMV Card.  I had to find my new Target Card to use it.

Ron.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Target Guest Card Has Been Revoked!!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

I went to Target to buy groceries tonight. I used my Old Target Guest Card at the checkout. I swipped my card as usual. It didn't go through for some reason. I did it twice. I t was the same thing. I used my other Visa card to pay for the purchase. I called Target customer service. They told me they already deactivated my Old Target Guest Card. They also told me they are getting ready for new Target EMV Card.  I had to find my new Target Card to use it.

Ron.

Ive only ever had one target card. What is this old target guest card you speak of? Do you already have the emv card or not yet?

Message 2 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Interesting ive never heard of target guest card before either.
Message 3 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ive only ever had one target card. What is this old target guest card you speak of? Do you already have the emv card or not yet?

The target card is used to be called Target Guest Card back in early days when they were Retailers National Bank. I don't have it yet. They disabled my old card.

Ron.

Message 4 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Target Guest card is very old name. Target card is used to be Target Guest Card.

1995 Target Offers Credit

The first Target store credit card, known as the Target Guest Card, launches in 1995. It's followed in 2001 by the Target Visa® Credit Card, the first company credit card to be accepted at major retailers nationwide. Renamed REDcards in 2004, the portfolio of credit products expands to add the Target Check Card in 2007.

Ron.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. Thanks for the heads up Ron!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Target Guest card is very old name. Target card is used to be Target Guest Card.

The first Target store credit card, known as the Target Guest Card, launches in 1995. It's followed in 2001 by the Target Visa® Credit Card, the first company credit card to be accepted at major retailers nationwide. Renamed REDcards in 2004, the portfolio of credit products expands to add the Target Check Card in 2007.

Ron.

That is so cool looking!

Message 7 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Ron.

That is so cool looking!

It has a barcode in the back of the card.

Ron.

Message 8 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Really?  They were the first cobranded Visa card? 

In some ways I find that interesting, since you can't get a cobranded card with them anymore.  I mean there is talk of the MC, but for the time being it is only replacing the existing Visa cards.  Credit cards are notorious money makers for banks that manage them well.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.