Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first child is born today! 7.24.19

tag
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

My first child is born today! 7.24.19

I'm tired. Mom's exhausted. We're so happy.

I can't wait to share all my credit knowledge with my baby girl... 18 - 21 years from now. What do you think will change in the credit game in the next 20 years?

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LOC
Contributor

Re: My first child is born today! 7.24.19

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 2 of 9
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Congratulations!!! 🎉🎊🍾

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH wow. Congrats!!!! BIg day!

Message 4 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! What will change? Probably everything lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! In 20 yrs they'll probably have implants with all your info. From credit to medical conditions. The ER I work at part time scans the palm of the right hand. You can register with it when you return and your info comes up. Or in a few cases so far. Patients came in unconcious, scanned their hand we knew who they were and all contact info. Times a changing!

Message 6 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Congrats!

I was talking with someone who works for a major cryptocurrency exchange recently. He has a marketing/sales background and doesn't really understand the computer science, but I was surprised at how focused he was on bringing down the cost of tiny CC transactions...mainly in-app purchases on mobile games, a few cents at a time.

I thought he'd say cryptocurrency could reduce transaction costs on something like a $1000 transaction compared to what merchants currently pay to the major networks and card issuers...but he implied the crypto industry wasn't really interested in becoming a low-cost solution at that scale.

20 years is a long time, but I suspect merchant fees may not get meaningfully lower than they currently are. People like their rewards and protections, and merchants don't want to upset them too much.

Or maybe his limited vision was an exception to the crypto industry norm and costs will fall. 

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 9
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Mazel tov

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, OP and wife!

As for how things will change in 18 years, I suspect rewards will either continue to increase (if interest rates allow) or will be cut off at the knees (if the US limits swipe fees like the UK). Time will tell!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.