Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW APPLE PRODUCTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

tag
SPChaser
Established Contributor

NEW APPLE PRODUCTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

This is my first posting here, so I think it's a treat Smiley LOL Just wanted to share my excitement that the new MacBook Pros are FINALLY out lol, and now I gotta figure out best way to get them since DW and I plan to pick up two MacBook Pro 16", a MacBook Air, two AirPod Pros, upgrade her Apple Watch 3 to 7, and likely an iMac. We've discussing these purchases since April and now now they're finally here. Along with that we want to pick up a few new cards: Chase Ink, Apple Card, Marriott Brillant, and Platinum. Since we're purchasing such a handful of expensive items and wanting to get new cards, I'll be working on figuring out optimal means to get items because it'll be a great way to meet the SUBS. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We're really just excited their finally here Smiley LOL

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: NEW APPLE PRODUCTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

I missed the event yesterday but got a chance to read through the release details this morning and while it seems they've addressed most of their previous shortcomings I'm just not as excited as I thought I'd be. 

Message 2 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Definitely can empathize with your point there, but I'm upgrading from a MacBook Air circa 2011 with DW from a 2015 MacBook Pro, so we're well overdue for upgrades considering hers is seemingly is on its last legs. When we came to learn of the M1 developments, it was a no brainer for us to wait out the releases hence my excitement lol. 

Message 3 of 27
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

That's quite the upgrade! I've got a 2019 15-inch MacBook Pro as my primary mobile workstation so the transition isn't likely as drastic. I did repalce our 2012 mini with an M1 model and it was a night and day difference. Even compared to our maxed out 2018 mini it runs circles around it all while using a fraction of the power which is critical as it's on 24/7 as our home server. 

I hope these new M-series laptops last you a good long while! 

Message 4 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

I'm hoping they last a long while as well @Schwartzinator . This is going to be big investment in these products since DW has fully taken me into the cult lol. I just want us to make the best out of the spend. We've decided the Southwest will get the bulk of the spend especially since they have two levels of spend to meet for total 100K SUB. 

Message 5 of 27
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Schwartzinator wrote:

That's quite the upgrade! I've got a 2019 15-inch MacBook Pro as my primary mobile workstation so the transition isn't likely as drastic. I did repalce our 2012 mini with an M1 model and it was a night and day difference. Even compared to our maxed out 2018 mini it runs circles around it all while using a fraction of the power which is critical as it's on 24/7 as our home server. 

I hope these new M-series laptops last you a good long while! 

It is worth your time to seek out the recording of the Apple October Special Event. The new M chips and their integral memory, plus GPU capabilities are a huge jump from Intel offerings. Best to get the full rundown from the Event. The battery benefits are a big part of this. The screen technology is a big improvement also. My wife immediately ordered the 16" upgrading from a 2016 version. I don't use Mac because I can't stand the OS, but the hardware is impressive. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 27
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Well my MacBook Pro took a tumble out of my bag this evening and cracked the screen and completely warped the chasis. I suspect there's additional damage to the logic board and battery as it has a noticible burning smell. Having worked as an Apple technician in the past, I'm anticipating a minimum tier 3 repair at around $1,200. 

I don't see the value in repairing this device and will be replacing it pending confirmation of repair costs. 

Message 7 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Sorry for the mishap because I know how I would've felt if that happened to me, especially DW; she would not have been in a good place lol. At the very least, the newer models are now available. 

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm the only one like that, but sometimes I'm too afraid to buy too expensive things, because my superpower is to break everything. I love Apple, but I don't think it's worth updating it every year. If your technique is already 5 years old - of course, it is already slightly outdated, however, for example, the iPhone 11 pro / pro max or 12 pro / pro max are still good enough and are not far behind the new model to update them. Review the characteristics and think if you need new things, or if the money can be spent on something else.
Happy shopping anyway, I hope you will be happy with what you get!

Message 9 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@Anonymous I can sympathize with that. I'm still on the iPhone XS Max and have no intention of upgrading; even though, when I was researching in the Apple store the other day, that iPhone 13 max pro was feeling mighty wonderful in my hand Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.