cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW APPLE PRODUCTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

tag
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: NEW APPLE PRODUCTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

I'm so fried this month it barely even riled me up.

Had the entire right side of my vehicle damaged in a collision, my partner's new car was delivered with a faulty motor and shut itself down, our new puppy is hellbent on destroying everything in sight and doesn't want to sleep on our schedule and now I broke my primary laptop. 

I can't wait for October to be over. 

I'm leaning towards the 14-inch but trying to talk myself out of the M1 Max as I don't need the required 32GB of RAM despite being able to justify the extra graphics power. 

Message 11 of 27
iced
Valued Contributor

@SPChaser wrote:

@Anonymous I can sympathize with that. I'm still on the iPhone XS Max and have no intention of upgrading; even though, when I was researching in the Apple store the other day, that iPhone 13 max pro was feeling mighty wonderful in my hand Smiley LOL

Am I the only one still rocking a 7?

I think I can get one more year out of it before it becomes unusable and I accept my employer's offer to upgrade it to a 13 (or 14 by then) Pro.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

i can't wait for my new airpods

Message 13 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@Schwartzinator wrote:

I'm so fried this month it barely even riled me up.

Had the entire right side of my vehicle damaged in a collision, my partner's new car was delivered with a faulty motor and shut itself down, our new puppy is hellbent on destroying everything in sight and doesn't want to sleep on our schedule and now I broke my primary laptop. 

I can't wait for October to be over. 

I'm leaning towards the 14-inch but trying to talk myself out of the M1 Max as I don't need the required 32GB of RAM despite being able to justify the extra graphics power. 

@Schwartzinator hope you came out of collision unscathed and its definitely been a month for you. Yeh, I got talked out of the M1 Max and I had nothing to justify it Smiley Very Happy

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 14 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@iced wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

@Anonymous I can sympathize with that. I'm still on the iPhone XS Max and have no intention of upgrading; even though, when I was researching in the Apple store the other day, that iPhone 13 max pro was feeling mighty wonderful in my hand Smiley LOL

I think I can get one more year out of it before it becomes unusable and I accept my employer's offer to upgrade it to a 13 (or 14 by then) Pro.

Technically yes @iced lol. My 7s max is still in the dresser drawer somewhere.  

Message 15 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Same @Anonymous I lost my first set of airpod pros, which I got at a 50% discount mind you, at most likely the airport months ago, and I've finally given up on finding them. 

Message 16 of 27
B_Slow1
New Contributor

@iced wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

I'm still using a 7. The speaker is busted on it, so I'm going to be replacing it this month.... with another 7. (New one has 256GB storage instead of 32GB, so that's something.) These new iPhones are too expensive for me.

Message 17 of 27
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

@SPChaser Thanks for the concern! It was a very low speed impact, but it involved another vehicle draging across the entire right side. Mostly deep scratches and a few dents on rear quarter panel and door lip. Initial quote from Tesla was well over $15k because they wanted to replace everything instead of repair it. Insurance had a field day there and couldn't come to an agreement unless I'd cover the difference. Ended up getting directed to a Tesla authorized shop who was willing to repair and repaint 50% of the car for just over $5k. Estimated completion is about 2 weeks away. 

In other news, my employer offered to purchase a base 14-inch Pro after I turned down Apple's $1277 repair bill for my laptop. Should have it in-hand sometime next week! 

Message 18 of 27
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@B_Slow1 wrote:

@iced wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

I'm still using a 7. The speaker is busted on it, so I'm going to be replacing it this month.... with another 7. (New one has 256GB storage instead of 32GB, so that's something.) These new iPhones are too expensive for me.

Can you still buy iphone 7 new? Or do you have to buy second hand or refurbished?

Message 19 of 27
iced
Valued Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@B_Slow1 wrote:

@iced wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

Can you still buy iphone 7 new? Or do you have to buy second hand or refurbished?

If you do find a new one, it's not from Apple and it's been sitting in its box for a while. They discontinued it years ago.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.