cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW APPLE PRODUCTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

tag
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: NEW APPLE PRODUCTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

@iced I figured that was the case!

@B_Slow1would love to hear feedback on how you find reliable older models.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Longtime Android + Linux user here. Just tippy-toed to the darkside to give Apple Pay a whirl. Grabbed a "New to me" 6s off Ebay from a reputable reseller. Other than limited battery life due to size, I have to say I'm not mad. Apple Pay works great I might add. Due to hardware constraints the 6s can only store 8 cards (7 + the Apple Cash card). Once you add the AppleCard (CC) itself you're down to 6 additional cards. Now I'm looking at a used 8 Plus which retains the physical fingerprint button and can hold up to 16 cards with iOS 15. I can see now how people get drawn into the ecosystem. Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@Anonymous Welcome to the clut Smiley LOL

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 23 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Just purchased first of at least three of the Apple products we've planned on purchasing - MacBook Air - in trying to meet SUB for Amex Marriott Bonvoy Biz 🥳

Message 24 of 27
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

So an update here on this...

I ended up ordering an M1 Max 14-inch after some shenanigans with my employer on their promissed base model mysteriously getting placed in indifinite limbo and I gotta say I'm more than a litle dissapoined with Apple's design direction of the new Pros.

First, while it's relatively easy to hide I just can't get behind the notch on the display. Unifying design language is great and all, but this is not what should have been a focal point. Contrary to popular belief, not all press is good press. The sheer volume of discussions surrounding the notches on iPhones should not be misconstrued as genuine interest. It's like large grills and BMW. Don't get me started. 

While we're on the topic of displays, this brings me to my second set of issues. the lack of continuity with rounded corners on top and square edges on the bottom just really irks me and the removal of the "MacBook Pro" branding below the display gives the appearence of wasted space. 

Third, what's with the regression from modern elegance? Apple has seemingly always placed more of an emphasis on form over function and these chunky ******* exude little more than a business casual persona. I feel like I've hoped back in time to 2007. My 2019 MacBook Pro 15 is just down right **** in comparison and I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the touchbar!!! I didn't realize how much I relied on it for convient adjustments to brightness settings, scrubbing, powering down, etc. I also really appreciated the simple symetrical elegance of the old Thunderbolt-only design. 

Finallly, the keyboard! While the key travel is very satisfing, I feel like the black anodized background was a huge mistake. It comes across as a cheap plastic insert at first glance which coupled with the blocky design adds up to a knock-off MacBook look. 

Anyone else feeling a little offput with the changes?

Message 25 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Schwartzinator wrote:

So an update here on this...

Anyone else feeling a little offput with the changes?

Nope.

LOL.jpg

Message 26 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@FinStar I'm dying 🤣🤣🤣...that pic killed me hahahaha. @Schwartzinator I can't give my opinion yet becuase we're being very strategic with trying to get the SW Companion Pass. I definitely won't be getting my MacBook Pro with M1 Max till January, but we have ordered DW's. Her's is still being processed and won't ship till at least 13th. DW has been using the 13" MacBook Pro we picked up months ago for my mother in law and she loves it. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.