Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Geico discount

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Geico discount

Anyone's used NFCU's Geico discount? How does Geico verify your NFCU membership? 

Some of my (real, not imaginary) loved ones are shopping around for auto insurance and I haven't looked into signing them up for NFCU yet. Any estimates on how much the discount actually is?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Geico discount

I really wouldnt call it a discount all CU's have "deal/discounts" with various companies yet I gurantee you can beat that geico discount with another insurance company etc..

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I really wouldnt call it a discount all CU's have "deal/discounts" with various companies yet I gurantee you can beat that geico discount with another insurance company etc..

i second that
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone's used NFCU's Geico discount? How does Geico verify your NFCU membership? 

Some of my (real, not imaginary) loved ones are shopping around for auto insurance and I haven't looked into signing them up for NFCU yet. Any estimates on how much the discount actually is?

You sign up through NFCU's product referral link and it'll automatically apply the 'Partnership' discount on the quote.  For me, it came out to be a discount of about $22 so not a whole lot, but I'll take it.  Geico beat out every other insurer except for Progressive for me.   It's saving me about $60 a month for MUCH better coverage.  Going to take that $60 a month and stock it away into savings.

Message 4 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The "Sponsored Marketing" discounts unfortunately don't stack!  I have Navy League (San Diego chapter of course, because NFCU), NFCU, and BJ's Wholesale Club all added to my policies. Does save about $300 a year, though.  Anyone already with GEICO can add these in the Discounts screen as well.

One great thing I love about Geico is that there is a 15% Pay In Full discount (in addition to numerous others I have), so when making a comparison to other insurers that can be huge.

Message 5 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The "Sponsored Marketing" discounts unfortunately don't stack!  I have Navy League (San Diego chapter of course, because NFCU), NFCU, and BJ's Wholesale Club all added to my policies. Does save about $300 a year, though.  Anyone already with GEICO can add these in the Discounts screen as well.

One great thing I love about Geico is that there is a 15% Pay In Full discount (in addition to numerous others I have), so when making a comparison to other insurers that can be huge.

How do I do this? I have Geico. I have Navy. I want to combine their powers.

Message 6 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner do you have the GEICO app?

Log in.  Select your auto policy (if you have others). Click Policy button at the bottom.  Scroll to the bottom and click View Discounts. Click the blue Get Additional Discounts button at the top. In the Organization Name box start typing Navy and as soon as you click the space bar, Navy Federal Credit Union will pop up.

To see your Sponsored Marketing discounts: 

Scroll past your awesome savings with Anti-Theft Device, Excellent Driver, Multi-Car Discount, Multi-Line Discount, New Car Discount, and Paid in Full Discount, then you'll see Sponsored Marketing.

Message 7 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston there is no place to enter an organization name

ETA: it appears I can't add it because I'm already receiving a discount for being a skilled artisan and technician

Message 8 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

😂 Yeah like I said earlier, those don't stack.  But I literally wrote the directions as I was navigating, hence the mention of NFCU popping up as soon as you hit the space bar after typing in Navy.  I'm on fruitPhone if that's different. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @K-in-Boston, your advice came in handy! 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.