Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Replacement cards will also be Rose Gold if you have a Rose Gold card. 

Then tell the rep you'll cancel the card if you don't get the gold. I'm sure they'll accommodate that request in order to keep you paying the AF. Probably cost them less than a dollar to produce the card.

"I'll close the card if I can't get the rose gold."

"Okay. Let me see what I can do."

<Puts you on hold for 5 minutes>

"Okay. I've closed your account. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Every now and then, something like that happens. I don't play around with the word "cancel" unless I want retention and am willing to risk closure.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 51 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

I was able to upgrade my Amex gold card to the new metal variant. However Amex won't let the primary user and authorized user have different color options which doesn't make any sense. Since my fiance wanted Rose gold, I was forced to get the same. 

Message 52 of 246
Jen-Jen
Established Member

Re: Just received Amex Gold Metal (Picture inside)

I heard if you have a platinum card u can order yourself an authorized user gold card. I did hear this before the whole revamp but worth a look before you open a new account with annual fee.
Message 53 of 246
jb1280
Valued Member

Re: Just received Amex Gold Metal (Picture inside)

The Gold Card for additional users on Platinum accounts feature the same reward structure of Platinum, not Gold.

If you want the reward structure and benefits of the new Gold Card from American Express, you will need to have a primary Gold account
Message 54 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone confirmed whether or not there is a physical difference in material/weight between the non-contactless and contactless verisons?

Message 55 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ I’m not sure but I just saw on some page the new gold metal card is 15 grams , the platinum is 18-19 grams ..
Message 56 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone confirmed whether or not there is a physical difference in material/weight between the non-contactless and contactless verisons?

I'm  not sure if anyone got the card yet in their hands but I did some research and there is a difference for the Platinum card which I would only assume would transalte over to the gold card as well. The contactless Platinum card looks like it's half the thickness in metal with the other half being some sort of opaque plastic which I assume is to allow the reader to work correctly as it wouldn't pass too well through metal. 

Like someone else mentioned there is a few grams of difference in weight. 

Message 57 of 246
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Upgraded to the metal card, but not 100% sure of keeping the card after my next AF hits. I haven't used my card at all this calendar year, simply because I value CB more than MR's (since MR's are constantly fluctuating in value, and I don't have that kind of time to dig for the best redemption on them).

$10 a month at a handful of restaurants isn't enough to keep this card in my wallet.

Message 58 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Upgraded to the metal card, but not 100% sure of keeping the card after my next AF hits. I haven't used my card at all this calendar year, simply because I value CB more than MR's (since MR's are constantly fluctuating in value, and I don't have that kind of time to dig for the best redemption on them).

$10 a month at a handful of restaurants isn't enough to keep this card in my wallet.

Besides the new slick metal, there are new benefits that I was unaware of... earn 4X MRP at U.S. restaurants, earn 4X MRP at U.S. supermarkets, enroll in the $120 dining credit to receive $10 per month in SC at participating partners.

Message 59 of 246
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Yes but to me 4x MR’s aren’t worth as much as 3% CB (Costco Visa for restaurants, partner’s Blue Cash Everyday for groceries) since I don’t have a desire to transfer to 3rd parties to try to maximize the MR’s
Message 60 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.