Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Gold vs Rose Gold

I went rose for something different. For some reason the texture of the card bothers me but I like the color. Nice change of pace. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 81 of 246
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

How does it feel compared to the Amazon Prime or Sapphire card in heft?

Is the non contactless version still a sandwich construction?

Message 82 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PDXoriginal wrote:

How does it feel compared to the Amazon Prime or Sapphire card in heft?

Is the non contactless version still a sandwich construction?

Likely the same as Platinum (see this post <moderator note: links to FlyerTalk are not allowed here, thanks for your cooperation - KiB>)

btw. I think sandwich construction (plastic front+ metal core+ plastic back) is chase only? Neither version of the Platinum is sandwich (both have a metal front layer and a probably non metal back layer).

Message 83 of 246
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Got my Gold a couple of days ago. Just put in the request for Rose Gold and it's going through. The Gold (contactless) is no where near as rigid as my platinum and not as heavy. Platinum definitely feels like a much more premium card than the Gold. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 84 of 246
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

AmEx chat told me they could not order a non-contactless Gold Card for me:

"I checked with our team..

They confirmed that they are not issuing non contactless cards at this moment. If we have this option available, we will definitely let you know."

Has anyone successfully received a new non-contactless Gold Card?
Message 85 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received one, but probably because I requested it expedited right when it came out. I was told specifically by the supervisor that all of their cards come with both contactless and non-contactless versions.

American Express Rose Gold.jpeg

@kerplunk wrote:

AmEx chat told me they could not order a non-contactless Gold Card for me:

"I checked with our team..

They confirmed that they are not issuing non contactless cards at this moment. If we have this option available, we will definitely let you know."

Has anyone successfully received a new non-contactless Gold Card?

Message 86 of 246
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Jude_Bray: thank you.

AmEx told me I could not request a new card until my account has been open for 10 days, so once that happens, I'll see what they say about the non-contactless version.
Message 87 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. I am guessing either they ran out (there is a thread on here where many are ordering non contactless) OR perhaps they are rethinking whether they want consumers to have non contactless versions if all of their marketing shows the contactless version. Regardless, I would just call back in 10 days when they said and snag you one Smiley Wink

@kerplunk wrote:
Jude_Bray: thank you.

AmEx told me I could not request a new card until my account has been open for 10 days, so once that happens, I'll see what they say about the non-contactless version.

Message 88 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you wiegh the non-contactless version to see if it weigh more than the 14.65 grams of the contactless version? Smiley Happy

Message 89 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to hear about the weight on the non contactless.

I didn't realize the difference in the contactless and non-contactless when I ordered on the 4th. Thankfully I was able to get them to cancel/re-order the non-contactless in time that night but it pushed my delivery date back a day. 

If no one else posts about the weight by the time I get it in my hands I'll share. It says expected delivery on the 17th but I had an email this morning that they shipped it out already.

Message 90 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.