cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

New Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

Would love to hear about the weight on the non contactless.

I didn't realize the difference in the contactless and non-contactless when I ordered on the 4th. Thankfully I was able to get them to cancel/re-order the non-contactless in time that night but it pushed my delivery date back a day. 

If no one else posts about the weight by the time I get it in my hands I'll share. It says expected delivery on the 17th but I had an email this morning that they shipped it out already.

Message 51 of 73
Regular Contributor

I’ve had multiple on the phone/chat conversations with AMEX trying to request the non contactless card. They were so confused one of the times that they expedited another cash magnet card to me. The rep who I spoke to yesterday guaranteed me that there is no such thing as a non-contactless card. A third told me that no changes were allowed to happen to the card until I’ve had the account open 10 days. I guess I’ll wait the 10 days and go for the non contactless again. So many different answers from all the reps...

AMEX Gold Card (10/18) - NPSL
AMEX Cash Magnet (01/17) - $27k
Capital One QS (06/16) - $1.35k
Chase Sapphire Preferred (02/18) - $11.4k
Discover It (03/17) - $3.2k

GOALS: Upgrade CSP to CSR in February
FICO: EX - 760, TU - 760
Message 52 of 73
Highlighted
New Contributor

Definetly a discrepency between reps. The rep I talked to through chat didn't even question it. Hopefully he wasn't clueless and thought I just wanted to cancel my order and reorder for no reason at all lol and I just end up with a contactless card anyway. 

Message 53 of 73
Established Contributor

I recieved my Gold Card today it's the contactless one (with the symbol). As someone already mentioned. It's not as heavy  as the plaitnum, a little disappointing cause I been so spoiled with the platinum card weight and feel, but honestly it's not too bad. I'm debating on calling in to see if they can send me a non-contactless but just from reading everything seems like they're jam packed with calls and metal orders. At the same time.....i feel like it's a hassle since I already confirmed i recived the card already ...activiated, switch all my recurring payments  exp date/security code (since i did a product change) etc. I dont know why but it bugs me just to order a card and re do everything  again lol. Or does anyone know if i ask for another replacment does the exp date and sec code stay the same?

Message 54 of 73
Established Member

No one with the non-contactless card has bothered to weigh it?

Message 55 of 73
Visitor

How do you get the non-conttactless card? My card already has paint chipping at the contactless symbol
Message 56 of 73
Frequent Contributor

You have to call in (maybe can use chat) and specifically ask for the "non-contactless" version of whatever card you are ordering. I have read some cases of some reps being clueless on what that means so if you get a clueless one hang up and try again. I asked for the non-contactless version right when the card came out and had it expedited and mine is in fact "non-contactless"

American Express Rose Gold.jpeg

Good luck!

@BlueIce1 wrote:
How do you get the non-conttactless card? My card already has paint chipping at the contactless symbol

CURRENT FAVORITE CARD: American Express Rose Gold Card
Message 57 of 73
Regular Contributor

I called over the weekend, and finally this morning, to order a non-contactless version of the card. They told me every time that they could not expedite this version of the card because of the way they emboss it. Not sure I totally believe them as the person with the rose gold non-contactless version got his expedited, but it is what it is. I have the contactless version currently and will weigh both. Contactless is 14g according to my scale.
Stop trying to save a nickel; start trying to earn a dollar.
Message 58 of 73
Frequent Contributor

Yeah that's BS. I got my non-contactless expedited the day it came out. I do know they are backed up on orders of the gold card based off of what others have shared in regards to their conversations with reps about the status of their cards and/or the non-contactless ordering.

P.S. I think I am "the person" you were referring to Smiley LOL

@kerplunk wrote:
I called over the weekend, and finally this morning, to order a non-contactless version of the card. They told me every time that they could not expedite this version of the card because of the way they emboss it. Not sure I totally believe them as the person with the rose gold non-contactless version got his expedited, but it is what it is. I have the contactless version currently and will weigh both. Contactless is 14g according to my scale.

CURRENT FAVORITE CARD: American Express Rose Gold Card
Message 59 of 73
Contributor

Disappointed!  I requested a Rose Gold non-contactless card via chat on 10/4/18.  I followed up with a call.  I was told all cards are non-contactless unless contactless is requested.  I was also told expedited delivery was not possible.

Burned 1000 calories running to my mailbox last week.  FINALLY, it arrived Saturday. A contactless Rose Gold card that feels a lot like hard plastic! 

Phoned this morning to make a second request for a non-contactless card.  The CSR seemed unfamiliar with the term.  So, I requested a chip and signature only card.  Which he was happy to expedite.  "You can expect to receive your replacement card on October 25, 2018."  Excuse me, that’s expedited?  "Yes, madam it is, with our current number of requests."

Woman SurprisedWoman Frustrated

Message 60 of 73