Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

I’ve had multiple on the phone/chat conversations with AMEX trying to request the non contactless card. They were so confused one of the times that they expedited another cash magnet card to me. The rep who I spoke to yesterday guaranteed me that there is no such thing as a non-contactless card. A third told me that no changes were allowed to happen to the card until I’ve had the account open 10 days. I guess I’ll wait the 10 days and go for the non contactless again. So many different answers from all the reps...
Message 91 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definetly a discrepency between reps. The rep I talked to through chat didn't even question it. Hopefully he wasn't clueless and thought I just wanted to cancel my order and reorder for no reason at all lol and I just end up with a contactless card anyway. 

Message 92 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved my Gold Card today it's the contactless one (with the symbol). As someone already mentioned. It's not as heavy  as the plaitnum, a little disappointing cause I been so spoiled with the platinum card weight and feel, but honestly it's not too bad. I'm debating on calling in to see if they can send me a non-contactless but just from reading everything seems like they're jam packed with calls and metal orders. At the same time.....i feel like it's a hassle since I already confirmed i recived the card already ...activiated, switch all my recurring payments  exp date/security code (since i did a product change) etc. I dont know why but it bugs me just to order a card and re do everything  again lol. Or does anyone know if i ask for another replacment does the exp date and sec code stay the same?

Message 93 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one with the non-contactless card has bothered to weigh it?

Message 94 of 246
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I wonder if the regular gold will later come into fashion...rose may lose its unique feel when so many people have one.

At least it's not the gold/urine Platinum limited edition color from the Yellow Ball.

It's not like we're talking about a brand new or exclusive product here...it's a "limited edition" of a card with somewhat loose requirements that has been around for many years.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 95 of 246
grower1
Frequent Contributor

@redpat wrote:

+1 iced.

I still have my plat card that expires on 5/20, didn't request a new card since the change to metal and I won't with gold. 

Lol,  rose gold reminds me of pink hat Red Sox fans. 

Spending tens of thousands w/ Amex.......

To my disappointment, the Rose Gold color is not actually pink at all, it's more of a copper color. 

Message 96 of 246
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

*SPOILERS*

Apologies to anyone who this ruins their "present opening moment."

To everyone else, I had to lower the picture quality a lot since myfico has that less than 1000KB crap rule about images *eye roll* 

American Express Rose Gold.jpeg

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My UPS number updated over the weekend and my Rose Gold card was delivered this afternoon...like a Christmas present Smiley Very Happy

picture?

I'm a little jealous since I haven't received mine yet. Smiley Very Happy

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 97 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard they are pretty backed up with orders not fully anticipating how high the demand was. Did you check your tracking number online?

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

*SPOILERS*

Apologies to anyone who this ruins their "present opening moment."

To everyone else, I had to lower the picture quality a lot since myfico has that less than 1000KB crap rule about images *eye roll* 

American Express Rose Gold.jpeg

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My UPS number updated over the weekend and my Rose Gold card was delivered this afternoon...like a Christmas present Smiley Very Happy

picture?

I'm a little jealous since I haven't received mine yet. Smiley Very Happy

Message 98 of 246
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@PDXoriginal wrote:

How does it feel compared to the Amazon Prime or Sapphire card in heft?

Is the non contactless version still a sandwich construction?

It's slightly heavier, but definitely noticeable. 

[2/2019]
Message 99 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed.

@jdbkiang wrote:

@PDXoriginal wrote:

How does it feel compared to the Amazon Prime or Sapphire card in heft?

Is the non contactless version still a sandwich construction?

It's slightly heavier, but definitely noticeable. 

Message 100 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.