Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

Disappointed!  I requested a Rose Gold non-contactless card via chat on 10/4/18.  I followed up with a call.  I was told all cards are non-contactless unless contactless is requested.  I was also told expedited delivery was not possible.

Burned 1000 calories running to my mailbox last week.  FINALLY, it arrived Saturday. A contactless Rose Gold card that feels a lot like hard plastic! 

Phoned this morning to make a second request for a non-contactless card.  The CSR seemed unfamiliar with the term.  So, I requested a chip and signature only card.  Which he was happy to expedite.  "You can expect to receive your replacement card on October 25, 2018."  Excuse me, that’s expedited?  "Yes, madam it is, with our current number of requests."

Woman SurprisedWoman Frustrated

Message 111 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

@Streetervillelady wrote:

Disappointed!  I requested a Rose Gold non-contactless card via chat on 10/4/18.  I followed up with a call.  I was told all cards are non-contactless unless contactless is requested.  I was also told expedited delivery was not possible.

Burned 1000 calories running to my mailbox last week.  FINALLY, it arrived Saturday. A contactless Rose Gold card that feels a lot like hard plastic! 

Phoned this morning to make a second request for a non-contactless card.  The CSR seemed unfamiliar with the term.  So, I requested a chip and signature only card.  Which he was happy to expedite.  "You can expect to receive your replacement card on October 25, 2018."  Excuse me, that’s expedited?  "Yes, madam it is, with our current number of requests."

Woman SurprisedWoman Frustrated

Message 112 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and was approved for the Gold card on 10/7 (last Sunday) and my card still says Pending. Hoping they’ll extend my 90 day bonus earning period even though I’ve made a few purchases via Apple Pay already.

I also PC’d my BCP to a Cash magnet on 10/4 and got mine 2-day expedited, but my AUs is still pending! Not even a metal card, still not shipped. Amex must be very backed up!

If anyone has had both, could you post the differences in weight and feel between Gold contactless and non contactless.
Message 113 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the contactless version, and it is sandwiched, the top portion is metal, the bottom is some kind of plastic, it looks pretty obvious. I kinda wanna order a non-contactless version to do weight comparisons, havent seen anyone do that yet.
Message 114 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discussion about new Amex PRG colors and materials

yeah, i requested a metal one too, but mine didnt seem as heavy as my dads platinum, though i got the rose gold, its not as rosy as you might think when u see in person, it actually looks nicer, i think

Message 115 of 246
mrperfect5726

Both are metal

Message 116 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the PRG, and ordered the gold metal card on the 4th. It's nice. But I actually kind of prefer the look of my plastic PRG now that I have both in hand. Can I ask to go back? lol  

Think they will give a plastic version if requested like some other metal cards?

Message 117 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a big issue with the paint job on these new metal cards - take a look at this, I rubbed the contact logo with my finger and the paint was coming off like crazy. Why would they make a fragile card like this so fragile..?

https://ibb.co/ef4EAf

Message 118 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get the contactless version #ProblemSolved

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a big issue with the paint job on these new metal cards - take a look at this, I rubbed the contact logo with my finger and the paint was coming off like crazy. Why would they make a fragile card like this so fragile..?

Message 119 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't get the contactless version #ProblemSolved

@Anonymous wrote:

I requested a non-contactless version as a replacement, however the #s next to the contactless logo has a similar issue (which I didn't show for obvious reasons) with the paint chipping

Message 120 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.