cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

The New Amex Gold Looks Better than the Amex Platinum. Change my mind.

2kh80b

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 121 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discussion about new Amex PRG colors and materials

I havent had any issues (and I use this card every day), perhaps you got a faulty card.

Message 122 of 246
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Re: The New Amex Gold Looks Better than the Amex Platinum. Change my mind.

LOL! 

It's purdy!

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 123 of 246
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Meh. AMEX Rose Gold :/

I was SOOOO hyped about the new Rose Gold card from AMEX. I've been stalking my mailbox, impatiently waiting and today it finally came! The build up was so strong for me that I literally screamed and danced my way back from the mailbox. My card and my two daughters' subcards were in!

I opened it and...meh. Not rose gold-y enough. It sort of looks bronze to me. I wanted it to be more rose-y.  I meaaaaannn, I guess.  It IS a limited edition.  And, I love the benefits so, I'll use it but, this whole thing was very anti-climactic for me. Maybe I'm being petty but, I was hoping for something a bit more girly. I guess I'll keep my soft pink Disco card in my wallet for the girly appeal

Oh, and for the record, it's a little lighter in weight than the platinum card. This card does bend slightly, whereas the platinum card does not.  And the metal card is still head and shoulders above the original plastic so, it will make a lovely addition to my wallet and will see lots of use.

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 124 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Meh. AMEX Rose Gold :/

Sorry to hear that the aesthetics didn't meet your expectations.

Me personally, I've never cared at all about how a card looks, so it's hard for me to understand these emotions.  Color, design, material etc. of course have no bearing on the benefits of the card, which is the only reason I've ever obtained a card in the first place.

Message 125 of 246
wasCB14
Super Contributor

When "Rose Gold" seemingly became the card's official name here, it seemed a bit odd.

I mean, I've never seen someone refer to a product as "Beach Discover" or "My dog Capital One Platinum" (or whatever Cap1 allowed/allows customization on).

It's a "limited edition" of a card that has been around for many, many years. The card is not particularly hard to get.

So why so much excitement?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 126 of 246
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Boy, it got petty in here real fast.

I get it that not everyone gets hyped over the aesthetics of a card. But, being that many card companies allow you to choose a design for your card, there must be something to it, huh? I mean, all things being equal, I absolutely have preferences based on aesthetics. This also speaks to the reason to highlight the "rose gold" aspect of this limited edition card. Heck, it also sets AMEX platinum apart but, I digress.

So, uh...If not for you, great. But to comment to try to put down someone's personal preference down is ultra petty. But I'll allow it because, so what. Your preference or opinion matters most, if not only, to you. 

Ok. Carry on.

*sprinkles glitter on my way out*

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 127 of 246
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@ohjoy

Ok. Carry on.

*sprinkles glitter on my way out*

Smiley LOL

Like Salt Bae? 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 128 of 246
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the contactless version, and it is sandwiched, the top portion is metal, the bottom is some kind of plastic, it looks pretty obvious. I kinda wanna order a non-contactless version to do weight comparisons, havent seen anyone do that yet.

I take it that, that version would be completely metal? Hmmmmmm. 

Can you have two cards or will it have to be a replacement card? 

Message 129 of 246
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

, never let anyone stop you from commenting on the looks of a credit card. There are some here who would never understand because all they look at are numbers and what they can get out of the credit card for their money. They dont need to understand but should try to see that unlike the vast majority of people where a credit card is a tool, there are those of us who enjoy talking about ALL things credit (and why many of us stay around this forum)

If i have to look at my credit card everyday, why cant i or shouldnt i want a nice looking card? Thanks for sharing your experience with the new Amex Rose Gold PRGSmiley Happy
Message 130 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.