Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Meh. AMEX Rose Gold :/

@wasCB14 wrote:

When "Rose Gold" seemingly became the card's official name here, it seemed a bit odd.

I mean, I've never seen someone refer to a product as "Beach Discover" or "My dog Capital One Platinum" (or whatever Cap1 allowed/allows customization on).

It's a "limited edition" of a card that has been around for many, many years. The card is not particularly hard to get.

So why so much excitement?

Banks spend a lot of money on design and marketing in order to elicit these types of responses. Cap1 has a team that literally worked on and tested the current designs for years before releasing them to the public. To you, it's a simple color change of an old card, to others it's like a brand new card. Based on the reaction on this forum, it appears Amex nailed it. Maybe we'll see a white gold version in the future. As for people naming it rose gold, I assume you think it should just be called gold? Personally, I like when people use rose gold in the thread title. I can safely assume it's in regards to appearance and pass the thread by.

Message 131 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well said Smiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
, never let anyone stop you from commenting on the looks of a credit card. There are some here who would never understand because all they look at are numbers and what they can get out of the credit card for their money. They dont need to understand but should try to see that unlike the vast majority of people where a credit card is a tool, there are those of us who enjoy talking about ALL things credit (and why many of us stay around this forum)

If i have to look at my credit card everyday, why cant i or shouldnt i want a nice looking card? Thanks for sharing your experience with the new Amex Rose Gold PRGSmiley Happy

Message 132 of 246
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

When "Rose Gold" seemingly became the card's official name here, it seemed a bit odd.

I mean, I've never seen someone refer to a product as "Beach Discover" or "My dog Capital One Platinum" (or whatever Cap1 allowed/allows customization on).

It's a "limited edition" of a card that has been around for many, many years. The card is not particularly hard to get.

So why so much excitement?

Banks spend a lot of money on design and marketing in order to elicit these types of responses. Cap1 has a team that literally worked on and tested the current designs for years before releasing them to the public. To you, it's a simple color change of an old card, to others it's like a brand new card. Based on the reaction on this forum, it appears Amex nailed it. Maybe we'll see a white gold version in the future. As for people naming it rose gold, I assume you think it should just be called gold? Personally, I like when people use rose gold in the thread title. I can safely assume it's in regards to appearance and pass the thread by.

Exactly! Amex's CSR's have been saying for a week now that the response they received was far more than expected as far as the Rose Gold card, so I'm sure that the look of a card makes a huge difference. It'll be a sad day when people no longer need to carry physical cards around with them. 

[2/2019]
Message 133 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Rose Gold

Just received the metal replacement for the Amex Gold Card in the mail today. I went with the Rose Gold color for the novelty.

It’s so utterly underwhelming. It has to be held in just the right light and at just the right angle to even see a hint of the “rose” color. It looks like a light, muted gray in most settings. Based on the pictures released by Amex, I anticipated something akin to the Rose Gold color of an iPhone. Not even close.

At the end of the day, it spends 99% of the time in my wallet, so who cares? Just thought I’d share.
Message 134 of 246
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Rose Gold

I video chatted with my SO so she could see the card. She kept saying it was silver until I placed it next to something more clearly Rosey.

[2/2019]
Message 135 of 246
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I don't care what anybody says, that card is nice. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 136 of 246
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

That’s the only report of a non-contactless card I’ve seen out of around 30 data points from people requesting non-contactless cards and getting them anyway.

Amex was never going to make this card as sturdy and heavy as the platinum. That’s part of the “allure” of the platinum. I have the contactless version and it feels nice. I don’t think I would want another card as heavy as the platinum. The ritz Carlton card while nice was too heavy for my tastes and I like metal cards.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 137 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahahahaha!! AGREED!

Message 138 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

What's important is that we know that it exists. Most reps are clueless about it. I requested one last night and should get it 2 days from now. We'll see if I get the contactless or non.

Message 139 of 246
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

@ohjoy

Ok. Carry on.

*sprinkles glitter on my way out*

Smiley LOL

Like Salt Bae? 

Glitter Bae. But throwing it over my shoulder as I move on without a care in the world.   Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 140 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.