Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Meh. AMEX Rose Gold :/

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
, never let anyone stop you from commenting on the looks of a credit card. There are some here who would never understand because all they look at are numbers and what they can get out of the credit card for their money. They dont need to understand but should try to see that unlike the vast majority of people where a credit card is a tool, there are those of us who enjoy talking about ALL things credit (and why many of us stay around this forum)

If i have to look at my credit card everyday, why cant i or shouldnt i want a nice looking card? Thanks for sharing your experience with the new Amex Rose Gold PRGSmiley Happy

Thanks for saying that, Joe. I REALLY appreciate it. I hesitated to even come back to this post but am glad that I did. 

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 141 of 246
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Meh. AMEX Rose Gold :/

@jdbkiang wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

When "Rose Gold" seemingly became the card's official name here, it seemed a bit odd.

I mean, I've never seen someone refer to a product as "Beach Discover" or "My dog Capital One Platinum" (or whatever Cap1 allowed/allows customization on).

It's a "limited edition" of a card that has been around for many, many years. The card is not particularly hard to get.

So why so much excitement?

Banks spend a lot of money on design and marketing in order to elicit these types of responses. Cap1 has a team that literally worked on and tested the current designs for years before releasing them to the public. To you, it's a simple color change of an old card, to others it's like a brand new card. Based on the reaction on this forum, it appears Amex nailed it. Maybe we'll see a white gold version in the future. As for people naming it rose gold, I assume you think it should just be called gold? Personally, I like when people use rose gold in the thread title. I can safely assume it's in regards to appearance and pass the thread by.

Exactly! Amex's CSR's have been saying for a week now that the response they received was far more than expected as far as the Rose Gold card, so I'm sure that the look of a card makes a huge difference. It'll be a sad day when people no longer need to carry physical cards around with them. 

+1 (hey, what happened to the Kudos buttons?)

Message 142 of 246
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Rose Gold

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

I don't care what anybody says, that card is nice. 

It is. 

Message 143 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

My metal card was due to arrive on the 17th of this month should I give it another week before I call to invalidate that card and request for a resend? I called and the auto-robotic lady said I should have gotten the card and provided me with options. I have not spoken to a live CSR.  This has happened to me before with my CITI DCB. Eager beaver here requested for a resend and sure enough the day after I got the dam card... What do you guys think?

Message 144 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

So has anyone actually received a non contactless version? Anyone who has mentioned it has dissapeared without any description. 

I wonder if it even exists. I requested my original be cancelled and a non contactless be ordered. The rep confirmed twice yet I still received a contactless. 

Message 145 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered one yesterday, and it will get delivered tomorrow afternoon. Will update.

Message 146 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, after receiving the contactless version again, I called in and made sure I got clarification on the subject.

They are not offering the chip and sign version on the Rose Gold card anymore. I was told that was a new change that happened recently. If I want a chip and sign card, I would have to change to a regular GOLD card in order to get that option. 

Bummer!

Message 147 of 246
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, after receiving the contactless version again, I called in and made sure I got clarification on the subject.

They are not offering the chip and sign version on the Rose Gold card anymore. I was told that was a new change that happened recently. If I want a chip and sign card, I would have to change to a regular GOLD card in order to get that option. 

Bummer!

Well that explains why I received my SECOND contactless Rose Gold card today.  I was told on 10/4 and 10/15 that I would be issued a chip and sign Rose Gold card.  What we have here is a failure to communicate!

Message 148 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Smiley Surprised

Thanks for letting us know. I usually ask for a new card every 3-4 months to always have a fresh card, but knowing that if I replace my non-contactless Rose Gold card I will automatically have to get contactless blows. I am going to hang on to this bad boy for a lonnnnng time. Freaking Amex!

@Streetervillelady wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bummer!

Well that explains why I received my SECOND contactless Rose Gold card today.  I was told on 10/4 and 10/15 that I would be issued a chip and sign Rose Gold card.  What we have here is a failure to communicate!

Message 149 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

The weird thing is that people were definitely able to get non-contactless versions of the new cards before. I'm leaning towards general incompetence by CS, but assuming they did kill that option, why?

Message 150 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.