Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

Don't you just love it when your card gets jammed in that reader by a clerk to a point with no regard? (I think I need that special thrust or forcefull swipe so it can register the transactions...) Yep the new Gold Metal is contactless and with ApplePay makes it easier for moi to avoid these types of I'ma bust your card in half ;P

Message 161 of 246
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

@Anonymous wrote:

So looks like the first card the rep cancelled to instead send a non contactless was the first one I received last week. I ended up receiving the non contactless today. Since no one has commented on the differences here it is. 

They are literally the same thing altough for whatever reason the contactless feels more rigid and not as easy to bend. But they feel the same weight. I don't have a scale unfortunetly. I wonder if this is due to the larger chip in the contactless? 

Anyway the NON contactless is still sandwhiched, it just doesn't have the contactless chip in there. 

Here are the pics: 

20181027_163303.jpg20181027_164316.jpg20181027_164128.jpg

Thanks for clarifying this, based on other posts, I was under the impression that the non contactless wasn't sandwiched. 

Message 162 of 246
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Is AMEX gold is Metal now?

This may have been discussed multiple times, but is AMEX Gold a Metal card now? I had PRG long time back and cancelled the card. Recently just got approved for the Gold card and was wondering if it is metal card now. Back when i used to have it, was plastic. Also do they send the card via UPS just like Platinum ?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 163 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is AMEX gold is Metal now?

Not as hefty as their Platinum big brothers but personal and business Gold cards are both now metal.

Not certain how they are sent.

Message 164 of 246
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not as hefty as their Platinum big brothers but personal and business Gold cards are both now metal.

Not certain how they are sent.

Thanks. 

Message 165 of 246
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

My card came via USPS.

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 166 of 246
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@19eighty5 wrote:

My card came via USPS.

Yes i think that’s what they do. I needed the card before Monday since going out of country for a trip but dont think i will get in time.

Message 167 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

metal... UPS for me. in a nice package. unmarked

Message 168 of 246
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

metal... UPS for me. in a nice package. unmarked

Thanks. Called them and figured out it was sent via usps ... smh

Message 169 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Gold

So the hype of the rose gold has died down i think , now that it has been a few months which look do you all prefer? I have the rose gold but only because my wife made me get it. lol Now I am thinking of switching to Gold , not sure how it looks in person though?

Message 170 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.