cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Rose Gold is back with a referral.

Existing Gold holders can change to it if they prefer it.  New Gold applications can get approved and then change to it as well.  Technically, the referral isn't needed.

Message 211 of 246
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold still worth it?

Is there a wait period before I can request a replacement card?

I received the regular Gold originally.  Then a month later they brought back the Rose Gold option.  Just received it and there's a small scratch/scuff that won't rub out to the right of my name.

If I need replacement cards past the new limited window to request the Rose Gold card, will replacements still come in Rose Gold or regular Gold?

Message 212 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Gold - solid metal card?

I requested a replacement non-contactless gold card because I remembered reading that non-contactless cards are a solid piece of metal rather than a sandwiched two pieces. But the replacement card I got is still a metal sandwich. Do they not make these out of one solid piece of metal anymore? Or did I get it confused with another card?

Thanks
Message 213 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Gold - solid metal card?

There never was a 100% solid metal amex card.

Message 214 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

The back has to be plastic for the RFID/NFC payment capability to work. It's so low power, it has trouble going through metal, much like how wireless charging works on a cell phone.

Message 215 of 246
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There never was a 100% solid metal amex card.

Unless you're being a wiseguy by saying that it's 99% metal, the AMEX Platinum non-contactless is full metal (no sandwich).

The AMEX Gold has never been full metal (contactless and non-contactless).

Message 216 of 246
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Amex gold metal card

If someone is being added as an authorized user for the Amex gold is he getting also a metal cord?

Also how are how is Amex with inquiries if someone has like a 14 and 15 Are they a lot like Barclays and others will get scared of it
The Report is terrific payments everything besides that
Message 217 of 246
parzivalmx
Valued Member

Re: Amex gold metal card

I think they will get the metal card.

US Cards

Mexico Cards
Message 218 of 246
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I am an AU on Wife's new Gold card and have a nice heavy metal card just like hers.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 219 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, all AUs get the metal card.
Message 220 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.