Jccflat
Established Contributor

Re: Amex gold metal card

Is it heavy like the Apple Card ?
Message 221 of 246
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex gold metal card

@Jccflat, just FYI, any discussion associated with the aesthetics belongs in the SmorgasBoard section of the forums. Your thread has been merged with the existing discussion.

As far as inquiries, like any other lender, those will be a factor in AmEx's decision. There is no exact number to go by honestly as there are too many variables to consider.
Message 222 of 246
newnew2015
New Contributor

Amex Rose Gold is back 2021! *heart eyes*

I want this card but just opened my first Amex account about a month ago. Ugh. Y'all enjoy tho lol. Any idea how long the Rose Gold will be around ?? Also how long should I wait before apping for a second card?

Message 223 of 246
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Rose Gold is back 2021! *heart eyes*

I always wondered if it'd come back, and I told myself I might snag it if it did, but I'm pretty content with my lineup and I am not sure I want to open another AF card. I'll have to do some serious number crunching to see if it would be worth it.

Message 224 of 246
MomoMango
Regular Contributor

I got so excited, I was planning to apply for gold in April. But I had a feeling the Rose Gold would come back this year! I'm also trying to look for anything talking about how long the promotion will be; unless this is permanent?

Updated: April 7th 2024 at 5:14pm
Message 225 of 246
GoTarHeels
Valued Member

I'm gardening until June, but this is going to be the first card that I apply for! I'm glad that they're bringing the rose gold color back.

Message 226 of 246
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

I want the rose gold too but going through a home purchase right now and shouldn't be opening any credit cards! The ad on Facebook says the rose gold is back and this time permanently. The extra bonus points are very tempting. I hope it will be around for awhile so I can app once the home purchase is done!

Message 227 of 246
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up. I wasn't around for the first wave of Rose Gold enthusiasm, so this is all new to me. 

I'm a current Gold cardholder and DW is an AU. (lol. AU = gold. I just got that.) I prefer the classic gold color, DW would love the rose. Does anyone know if it's possible to have it both ways on a single account?

(My apologies to the mods if this belongs in Smorg.)

Message 228 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rose gold option is now permanent and available for all existing cardholders too. You can chat with them on the app to request the change or call them up and you'll get the card in 7-10 days. New applicants can select during application process and it's currently expedited for new cardholders with next day shipping

Message 229 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current Amex Gold cardholders can now switch to the Rose Gold card

Message 230 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.