Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

tag
jb1280
Valued Member

Re: New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

Interesting if they are indeed refreshing the product next month.

I don’t see them doing anything on the reward side of things as it’s a pretty well-rounded earner (3x flights, 2x restaurants, fuel, groceries) 

Maybe it’s something like 10 free Priority Pass visits like with the Hilton Ascend product. 

Message 21 of 246
wasCB14
Super Contributor

The value disparity between PRG and Green seems pretty wide. I'm not sure what they'll do.

PRG AF hike? Add benefits to Green?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 22 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

The value disparity between PRG and Green seems pretty wide. I'm not sure what they'll do.

PRG AF hike? Add benefits to Green?

Benefits should be added to the Green. It's an outdated card. 

The most logical benefits should be TSA precheck and perhaps 1.5x MR on everything for $95 a year. 

Message 23 of 246
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I'd love to have Precheck on my PRG.  If the Green had any kind of airline credit, even like $50, and any bonus MR potential I probably would have gone that route instead.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 24 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into my Blue Cash account the other day on my phone and did NOT see the normal Blue Cash card. What I saw was very similar to the Cash Magnet card! This lasted about 15 minutes before it changed back to the regular clear with blue square Blue Cash design. Idk if it was a glitch of some generic design long lost in the system or a true future design change that accidentally showed up before they were ready! I even screenshot it but can't upload on here.
Message 25 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got notified that my PRG is changing to the new gold card.  It is now being offered in metal as the OP stated.  AF going up to $250.  

rewards are better - 4x points on dining(guess to compete with Savor), 4x points on supermarkets (up to $25,000), a new $10/monthly dining statement credit (must enroll)....i also looked at the website prior to logging in and saw that they are offering a 25,000 +25,000 points SUB which is pretty nice.  and really rubs salt in the wound that they messed up my targeted offer when I got the PRG. .....grr.

will take the limited edition metal, the extra dining credit/points and then placing a retention call when yr2 AF comes around.....

but yeah this card has way more value now FINALLY.  It's stupid to have a $195 AF card but then get better supermarket/restaurant combination rewards from a $0 AF card (BCE)...and then BCP having 6x supermarket points at a lower AF $95....AMEX was way overdue for an upgrade to the card.....just disappointed that the AF upgraded as well......

Message 26 of 246
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I logged into my Blue Cash account the other day on my phone and did NOT see the normal Blue Cash card. What I saw was very similar to the Cash Magnet card! This lasted about 15 minutes before it changed back to the regular clear with blue square Blue Cash design. Idk if it was a glitch of some generic design long lost in the system or a true future design change that accidentally showed up before they were ready! I even screenshot it but can't upload on here.

I believe I know exactly what your talking about.

Its a glitch that happens on the app sometimes if im in a poor signal area.

it happens to all of my cards.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 27 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MontegoMack wrote:

I merely called to see if I have an retention offers on my platinum card because honestly, I need to downgrade. I happen to mention that I actually like the metal card and the CSR  said that the GOLD will be a metal card by the end of next year!

Just thought I'd pass along a little info.

I just noticed this today when I logged in. My Amex PRG retitled as the "The Gold Card" with a banner for me to click on. You can choose the limited edition Rose Gold (you would have to chat with a CSR to order) or Metal. Not a fan of Rose Gold but the metal is underway. So it appears that the metal gold card option is now avail.

Message 28 of 246
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Discussion about new Amex PRG colors and materials

Are both versions metal or just the rose gold one?

Message 29 of 246
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discussion about new Amex PRG colors and materials

@DrZoidberg

I moved your post here and edited the title.  I’m sure you missed my post in the PRG thread on Credit Cards but as of today any post about the material and/or color of the card will need to be posted in Smorgasbord.  As yours was the first, this thread can serve that purpose.

Message 30 of 246
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.