cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Upgraded to the metal card, but not 100% sure of keeping the card after my next AF hits. I haven't used my card at all this calendar year, simply because I value CB more than MR's (since MR's are constantly fluctuating in value, and I don't have that kind of time to dig for the best redemption on them).

$10 a month at a handful of restaurants isn't enough to keep this card in my wallet.

Besides the new slick metal, there are new benefits that I was unaware of... earn 4X MRP at U.S. restaurants, earn 4X MRP at U.S. supermarkets, enroll in the $120 dining credit to receive $10 per month in SC at participating partners.

"Give me liberty, or give me credit!" -PlasticDad

Message 31 of 133
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yes but to me 4x MR’s aren’t worth as much as 3% CB (Costco Visa for restaurants, partner’s Blue Cash Everyday for groceries) since I don’t have a desire to transfer to 3rd parties to try to maximize the MR’s

Message 32 of 133
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Got it! The Citi Costco Visa Card and AMEX BCE has one of the highest CB MRs out there. If any consolation there is a lowest guaranteed price match for hotels through AMT..

"Give me liberty, or give me credit!" -PlasticDad

Message 33 of 133
Highlighted
Established Contributor

I’m hoping mine arrived today. For those that receiver yours, where did it ship from?
Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 34 of 133
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but AskSebby posted an unboxing (LoL) vid on Youtube of the Gold metal version for anyone thats interested in seeing it. 

Message 35 of 133
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Manonfire wrote:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but AskSebby posted an unboxing (LoL) vid on Youtube of the Gold metal version for anyone thats interested in seeing it. 

I saw that earlier and the one he had appeard to be non-contactless and came in at 15 as opposed to the Ritz at a whopping 29Smiley Surprised

Message 36 of 133
Highlighted
Established Member

anyone else disappointed that the metal gold card isn't the same "build" as the metal platinum? i was hoping they would be the same. sounds like the gold is more like the CSP or CSR.

Message 37 of 133
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I didn’t expect the gold card to be as solid as the platinum is. It would take away from the allure of the platinum.

It’s still metal and while I prefer metal cards. There is such a thing as too heavy. I don’t think I would have liked the ritz card. The platinum and Altitude both fall out of my wallet if it’s upside down.

Total Revolving Limits $229,300

FICO 8 scores 04/2019
EX-778
TU-714
EQ-716
Message 38 of 133
Highlighted
Valued Member

I'm about to apply for the gold. Any confirmation regarding the non-contactless vs contactless in weight and thickness?

Message 39 of 133
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@sdsoccerdad wrote:
I’m hoping mine arrived today. For those that receiver yours, where did it ship from?

plantation Fl. UPS!  

(10/05/18)
Message 40 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.