cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AMEX metal *GOLD* cards!

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

I specifically ordered non contactless and happilly received it (hate the symbol). However, since I don't have a contactless version I can't compare weight so I have no clue. Regardless of whether it is or isnt heavy its a beautifully minimalist card that I cant stop pulling out my wallet Smiley LOL

CURRENT FAVORITE CARD: American Express Rose Gold Card
Message 41 of 123
New Contributor

@Jude_Bray wrote:

I specifically ordered non contactless and happilly received it (hate the symbol). However, since I don't have a contactless version I can't compare weight so I have no clue. Regardless of whether it is or isnt heavy its a beautifully minimalist card that I cant stop pulling out my wallet Smiley LOL

Weigh it! It looks like the contactless card weighs 15g. How's the thickness compared to your CSP and Amazon card? 

FICO TU - 755
FICO EX - 764
FICO EQ - 752
Message 42 of 123
Valued Member

Yes, please weigh it. My finger is itching to click the apply button.

Edit: Too late, finger slipped

Message 43 of 123
Established Contributor

Just got my Rose Gold! Man it's sexy! I'll compare and weigh it with my CSP when I get home.

Edit: AMEX is 14g, CSP is 13g.

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 123
Valued Contributor

Got my Gold a couple of days ago. Just put in the request for Rose Gold and it's going through. The Gold (contactless) is no where near as rigid as my platinum and not as heavy. Platinum definitely feels like a much more premium card than the Gold. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 45 of 123
Regular Contributor

AmEx chat told me they could not order a non-contactless Gold Card for me:

"I checked with our team..

They confirmed that they are not issuing non contactless cards at this moment. If we have this option available, we will definitely let you know."

Has anyone successfully received a new non-contactless Gold Card?
Stop trying to save a nickel; start trying to earn a dollar.
Message 46 of 123
Frequent Contributor

I received one, but probably because I requested it expedited right when it came out. I was told specifically by the supervisor that all of their cards come with both contactless and non-contactless versions.

American Express Rose Gold.jpeg

@kerplunk wrote:

AmEx chat told me they could not order a non-contactless Gold Card for me:

"I checked with our team..

They confirmed that they are not issuing non contactless cards at this moment. If we have this option available, we will definitely let you know."

Has anyone successfully received a new non-contactless Gold Card?

Message 47 of 123
Regular Contributor

Jude_Bray: thank you.

AmEx told me I could not request a new card until my account has been open for 10 days, so once that happens, I'll see what they say about the non-contactless version.
Stop trying to save a nickel; start trying to earn a dollar.
Message 48 of 123
Frequent Contributor

No problem. I am guessing either they ran out (there is a thread on here where many are ordering non contactless) OR perhaps they are rethinking whether they want consumers to have non contactless versions if all of their marketing shows the contactless version. Regardless, I would just call back in 10 days when they said and snag you one Smiley Wink

@kerplunk wrote:
Jude_Bray: thank you.

AmEx told me I could not request a new card until my account has been open for 10 days, so once that happens, I'll see what they say about the non-contactless version.

Message 49 of 123
Valued Contributor

Did you wiegh the non-contactless version to see if it weigh more than the 14.65 grams of the contactless version? Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.