Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover gold design UPDATED WITH PICS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover gold design UPDATED WITH PICS

The chip is definitely silver. Am I the only one who was disappointed in how dull/dark the gold base is on the card? I ordered it because I thought it would be an eye-catching glistening gold. Someone said it matched their iPad Pro and I wish that were the case for me. The card is a few shades darker than my tablet. Are any of your gold cards this dark too? I wasn't sure if my card was made with a different pigment than the other members' because the previously posted photos on this thread seem brighter than mine.

Edit: The photo is available at

http://oi68.tinypic.com/20acmd5.jpg

Message 41 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am stil waiting on mine to arrive. Just ordered it last week. Will let you know if it maches with the gold coloring on the ipad. 

Message 42 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got the gold tonight.  Had Copper.

Copper had textured lines, Gold does not.

Orange in lettering.

Feels thinner and lighter.

Yellower gold...brighter than PRG.  Not bad.  Some shimmer, very light, but NOT metallic.  Like a light touch of stripper sparkle.

...yah.

Message 43 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never tried to change the image. Can you change from an NHL image to a plain color?
Message 44 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Water, yes you can. You have to log in to your discover account and go to manage / replace cards and they'll display all possible designs from which you can choose. You can have up to 4 designs/cards active at a time.
Message 45 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The chip is definitely silver. Am I the only one who was disappointed in how dull/dark the gold base is on the card? I ordered it because I thought it would be an eye-catching glistening gold. Someone said it matched their iPad Pro and I wish that were the case for me. The card is a few shades darker than my tablet. Are any of your gold cards this dark too? I wasn't sure if my card was made with a different pigment than the other members' because the previously posted photos on this thread seem brighter than mine.

Edit: The photo is available at

http://oi68.tinypic.com/20acmd5.jpg

I just got mine and the chips are gold now.

Disco.jpg

Maybe they just needed to get them in? And it's also slightly metalic in sunlight.

Message 46 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover gold design

looks pretty ugly

Message 47 of 53
nyancat
Established Contributor

Wish they'd come out with contactless cards... but it's nice to see more choices.

It's unfortunate only some of the choices come up in Apple Pay and Android Pay Smiley Sad

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 48 of 53
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Discover2016wrote:

Discover will be releasing a black design soon, that's the one I am really waiting for!13126846_1724819904468909_705563200_n.jpg

How did you get this! 😍😍

Message 49 of 53
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Discover2016wrote:

More pics!IMG_2918.JPGFullSizeRender_1.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Bottom post looks like it’s sliver!

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.