Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

Hi folks who are in charge of programming this thing (and moderating us folks within it!)... I thank you for your work because I appreciate this place.

Is there a better way to search within a thread? Not for a thread, but within a specific thread. Posters are often referred to these monster threads that are potentially a hundred pages long (or more) and may need to find information on a specific string of text. It is currently not user friendly.

Here's an example: if I go to the Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards thread, http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737 and I want to find out if Consumers is bankruptcy friendly, I have to search "Consumer" or "CCU" in each of 19 pages (I have 50pp). If you have 10pp, it's just a nightmare and not even worth trying. If there were a search box, or a link (under Topic Options) to get to a search box, it would be so much nicer. 

I have to explain this every time I refer people to these "monster threads," which is a little annoying. :-) Would be nice to have a topic-specific search option.

Thank you again!

Message 11 of 155
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I haven't noticed any changes on my mobile, when exactly are they due to take effect? Thanks,!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 12 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:
I haven't noticed any changes on my mobile, when exactly are they due to take effect? Thanks,!

Monday

Message 13 of 155
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Ok, thanks!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 14 of 155
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback. We'd also like work on a simpler sign in/sign up process. But that won't be a part of this update. 

Message 15 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see the update was rolled out.  I think the notifications and inbox icon at the top are much better placed now, my only big critiques are that I instantly thought my browser was zoomed in 125% when I loaded a thread and the desktop version feels a little too much like a mobile site.  I'm thinking this is because of the plethora of white space on each side that feels like a lot of wasted space.  Maybe increasing the width of the thread boxes would help with this?  I may be crazy, but I feel like the font was smaller or something was different that allowed more of a page to be displayed without scrolling.  With change there's always going to be growing pains, I just think the desktop site feels underpowered.

Update:  80% zoom on desktop is a much more "natural" display to me

Message 16 of 155
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

W0W! Forum Decor Change

Is it just on my end or did MyFico just update the forum software.

Looks totally different and i can finally see my own siggy again (outdated because it was buried in the old forum setup) Smiley Very Happy

I'll have to get busy on that.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: W0W! Forum Decor Change

The change is going to take some getting use to.
Message 18 of 155
OmarR
Established Contributor

It's now a bright white background for me.

Typically, most people do not favor change. We'll see how this goes.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 19 of 155
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You can say that again about going to take some getting used to.

I will say that i can finally read posts in LARGER font than before.

Message 20 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.