Did you mean: 

New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: New Board Layout

@Kree wrote:

This new board layout hurts my eyes.  Please offer a legacy mode. Or atleast an option to change the text size, and color scheme.

Thanks,

+100000

Message 41 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: W0W! Forum Decor Change

I haven't been on the web version yet, but I've spent the last few hours on mobile. All I can think is was it designed by a 90 year old blind man? The font is way too large. Too many colors and annoying links that could be clicked. Takes minutes to scroll through a post. You can only see one thread at a time. I know changes take time to get used to, but this is just awful.
Message 42 of 155
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see the update was rolled out!  Mobile is a million times better, and navigation on it is great.  In regards to the desktop version, I think the notifications and inbox icon at the top are much better placed now, my only big critiques are that I instantly thought my browser was zoomed in 125% when I loaded a thread and the desktop version feels a little too much like a mobile site.  I'm thinking this is because of the plethora of white space on each side that feels like a lot of wasted space.  Maybe increasing the width of the thread boxes would help with this?  I may be crazy, but I feel like the font was smaller or something was different that allowed more of a page to be displayed without scrolling.  With change there's always going to be growing pains, and I love the mobile version, I just think the desktop site feels underpowered.

Update:  80% zoom on desktop is a much more "natural" display to me

I agree the extreme white space is overwhelming. I too zoomed out, it helped but not much. I hope peeps in charge will read this and tone down the white a bit, maybe give us some contrast between post and border space.

Glad my sentiments are shared by others.  Soften the white for the sake of our eyes, rescale the threads to a wider, smaller font box, and the desktop site will be awesome.  I also wish they would bring back the user details under their avatar, such as post count and age.

You mean bring back the prior desktop interface? Yeah, I am all for that. 

But, as with most things IT related, All Interface Changes Are Good. #sarcastic. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 43 of 155
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bman70 wrote: 

p.s. Am I mistaken or is view count gone, along with kudos? 

Kudos should be shown as a square icon on the bottom left of every post ( I don't think SmorgasBoard has kudos), and I am seeing reply and view count on the right of every thread when browsing a board.  Let me know if that helps.

Interesting, I'm in Smorgasboard so that's probably why I'm not seeing either count or kudos. I'll check the other forums. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 44 of 155
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That is why you're not seeing the kudos at least. They don't count in the Smorgas Board so it's not an option. The hit count I dunno what they did with that.

Message 45 of 155
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Why on earth do you not give people the option to view the desktop version on a mobile device? This new mobile format is awful. Def going to reduce my participation as a courtesy to my eyes.

Message 46 of 155
iv
Valued Contributor

I'm sure this is an improvement to usability on mobile...

But in a desktop browser it's a major step backwards - readability (and layout efficiency) has gone way down.

I wish designers would realize that mobile-friendly doesn't need to be mobile-first (or mobile only), but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 47 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Board Layout

Lol yeeeees! Cant add links, pictures etc using the phone.
Message 48 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry RE: This board

I could not reply to your thread, so I will post my suggestion here. Please do something about the excessive white background space. It hurts my eyes and as a consequence I will have to use this site less. I suffer from eye strain as it is and this is giving me a headache. I realize I am just one among many users, but please for the love of God add some contrast that wont kill my eyesite while on the boards!

Message 49 of 155
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MAZDA3 wrote:

Why on earth do you not give people the option to view the desktop version on a mobile device? This new mobile format is awful. Def going to reduce my participation as a courtesy to my eyes.

Hi @MAZDA3,

If you're using Android/Chrome you can click the 'three dots' in the top right corner of the browser, and check the box for "Request Desktop Site".  This should give you the desktop experience using your mobile device.

If you're using iOS I'll have to defer to someone else, but there should be a similar option.

Message 50 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.