Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

With all respect, I do not like this new layout. It is not enjoyable, and it is actually uncomfortable to look at. Haven't done much navgation yet, but from what I gather that might not be so good either.

I will give it a few days, but I already don't want to be on here. That sucks because I love my fellow MFers (inside Garden Club joke).

At least I'll come on to update my spade when it's time, but can't imagine doing much more. Smiley Sad

(Just adding, I am sick right now, so I will give it another chance when I feel better just in case it's my sicky-poo attitude doing the talking.)

Message 61 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

After turning my monitors brightness down and zooming to 80% this thread became readable, but this is no longer enjoyable. It is very difficult to find anything. I would like the old desktop site back. 

Message 62 of 155
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ability to pick your own "skins" or "colors" would go a long way.  The white is overwhelming.  Change is tough to embrace and I work in IT and use to it.  Hopefully a happy compromise can be found or I see the board/forum viewing/participation will be greatly impacted.  I don't use mobile for this site I am sure this is where it shines, just feels like we lost some of the core features for desktop users as well.  Have just started to use it, but things such as how many time a post has been viewed, among many other things.  Feedback is good as hopefully will be taken into consideration, just try to keep it in a positive light and not turn it into negativity.

Message 63 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a problem with the login screen. On the page which says "You're logged in" and you have you click on the button to be redirected, it is not working properly on my phone or my desktop. 

Message 64 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Viewing on my laptop I can hardly tell what page I'm on because the bolding is hard to see when zoomed out to 80%.  It's ridiculous to have to adjust monitor brightness, zoom levels, and view the desktop site on mobile just for the sake of usability.  

Message 65 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ability to pick your own "skins" or "colors" would go a long way.  The white is overwhelming.  Change is tough to embrace and I work in IT and use to it.  Hopefully a happy compromise can be found or I see the board/forum viewing/participation will be greatly impacted.  I don't use mobile for this site I am sure this is where it shines, just feels like we lost some of the core features for desktop users as well.  Have just started to use it, but things such as how many time a post has been viewed, among many other things.  Feedback is good as hopefully will be taken into consideration, just try to keep it in a positive light and not turn it into negativity.

Hi CreditCuriousity, the weird thing is that the mobile version is even worse. The old version was very "clean" and was enjoyable. It's being discussed in the Garden thread that to make mobile somewhat work you actually have to request a desktop version on it. But it's still not good even after doing that.

I'm settling down. I'm sure there are kinks to work out and things will get better. I am used to user interface changes, and other types of changes at work, so I'm sure I will be able to roll with this. Smiley Happy

Message 66 of 155
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With all respect, I do not like this new layout. It is not enjoyable, and it is actually uncomfortable to look at. Haven't done much navgation yet, but from what I gather that might not be so good either.

I will give it a few days, but I already don't want to be on here. That sucks because I love my fellow MFers (inside Garden Club joke).

At least I'll come on to update my spade when it's time, but can't imagine doing much more. Smiley Sad

(Just adding, I am sick right now, so I will give it another chance when I feel better just in case it's my sicky-poo attitude doing the talking.)

You are not alone. It is annoying meh

Message 67 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is so HUGE. Any way to adjust the font size. I can't find it if there is. This is gonna take some getting used to.

Message 68 of 155
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT like this new update at all! The old one was wayyy better and manageable even tho it had its own flaws. They were better off keeping the old layout smh
Message 69 of 155
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well I zoomed out to 70% on Firefox. One reply takes a whole 23" screen. Sorry but not liking this. I read more than post. But the fonts have got to be a smaller size. This white is blinding. Tweak the CSS Code amd make things smaller and chose a softer background. JMO.

Message 70 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.