Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Look for US Bank Cash+ Card!

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ - Now Contactless (and Kinda Ugly)

@sxa001 wrote:

Don't have and not planning to get any US Bank products but perhaps I am the oddball here I really like the new design, it is very modern and clean, IMHO. 

I like it too.

Message 21 of 41
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

I like the new design as well.

Message 22 of 41
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

US Bank, like so many others, have switched to un-embossed cards. Some banks do un-embossed well (Chase, American Express, arguably Capital One) and others not so much. US Bank is one that I just don't care for their designs (to be fair, their embossed cards were no lookers either).

My US Bank Visa debit is hideous. It is white with the name, account # and expiry on the back...the font reminds me of my Kroger shoppers card.

Don't forget the original Cash + design (pre-EMV):

US-Bank-Cash-Plus.png

I prefer that it's no longer embossed.  I just wish the new design wasn't so flat.  Personally, I love shine/bling/sparkle.

DH has the white USBank Debit card.   It's not too bad, but it seems like white cards get dirty/scuffed quickly.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank mailed me the contactless

version of my Cash+ and I didn't even ask for it. Am I obligated to activate it?

Message 24 of 41
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank mailed me the contactless

Why wouldn't you?

Easier to use, works with more and more POS systems these days. 
Can't think of why one would not?

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my BoA contactless today. Its a dull, thin card that reminds me of the cardboard card CCC's send in the mail to get you to app for their card. I hate the card, so I can see why there may be a reason or two not to want it.

No need to activate mine, the expiration date and cvv number are the same. I may SD the contactless version.

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card doesn't look good. I'm so petty smh.

Message 27 of 41
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ahhh...okay...

I have a few contactless and they don't feel any less durable as my others. Interesting....

Message 28 of 41
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my BoA contactless today. Its a dull, thin card that reminds me of the cardboard card CCC's send in the mail to get you to app for their card. I hate the card, so I can see why there may be a reason or two not to want it.

No need to activate mine, the expiration date and cvv number are the same. I may SD the contactless version.

I heard about this...the dull BOA cards. It's upsetting. Guess I'll be keeping my shiny until it expires. I'm not keen on the dull luster they are pushing right now. They have not adjusted the color to account for the matte finish. The card would look much better in white with the corporate logo now that they've switched.

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I heard about this...the dull BOA cards. It's upsetting. Guess I'll be keeping my shiny until it expires. I'm not keen on the dull luster they are pushing right now. They have not adjusted the color to account for the matte finish. The card would look much better in white with the corporate logo now that they've switched.

Yes, the card number is gray on burgundy, like the first cut of Propel cards. I can't read it, in the SD it goes.

But if the US Bank's contactless version is as nice as the previous card, I would use the updated card.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.