Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Updated Care Credit card!

tag
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: New Updated Care Credit card!

Ty for sharing op I hope I to receive a new care credit card. Had my Cc since 2008 with $16,800 limit
Message 11 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my new care credit card too. Not too excited about the look. I'm not clear about how it's exactly better besides being accepted at more places. 

It's basically marketing language, they added RiteAid to the mix several months ago but new or old cards can be used there, in any case.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldnt object to a new card.  Although rite aids are super hard to find where I live. But you better believe any time I travel the first thing I google is riteaid.  It is my oldest cc tradeline and I haven't really had any major action on it and would hate to lose it.  I know that care credit is pretty good with reapplying if it does close but I believe you have to wait 1 year to reapply???

Too bad it can't be used online at rite aid.

Message 13 of 16
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Last winter my DW tried to use her Carecredit at a local Riteaid and they looked at her like she was nuts. They had never had anyone else use the card there before.  Their system wasnt set up for it yet even though Carecredit had advertised it as such. She too was concerned about not using the card and possibly having it closed. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 14 of 16
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I don't shop at Rite-Aid, kind of out of my way. My post is slightly related to CareCredit, but something to keep in mind.

Anyone who has a pet can keep the card active, heartworm meds for the dogs twice a year. I buy it at out vet's office. It may be a little cheaper online, but our favorite vet is through our local Humane Society. The vet and med fees are low compared to other vets, and they need whatever money is above cost. Adopted a few dogs there. Years ago, money was tight, one dog broke her leg, difficult spiral fracture. The few vets that would attempt to try and help, wanted over $3000 to start. HS took care of her for $750. (Didn't have CareCredit then, couldn't have afforded it if I did.) Now that things are financially better, I continue to support them and donate more when I can. They help a lot of folks.

Message 15 of 16
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my new care credit card too. Not too excited about the look. I'm not clear about how it's exactly better besides being accepted at more places. 

I agree with you...I'd rather have the old card...  Smiley Sad

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.