Did you mean: 

New Wallet, Who Dis?

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Re: New Wallet, Who Dis?

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the one I got:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1IT5K1/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glc_fabc_sqZcGb971M6GQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I am unhappy with my current wallet, so I came to this thread looking for ideas for a replacement. The one I am trying to replace is the exact one you linked to! Smiley LOL

The main thing I dislike about it is that after about a year of use, the leather has stretched out so the pouches are too loose and my cards sometimes slide/fall/fly out of the open end. Also, I can't find a good way to store bills in it. I dislike the clip because I don't want a metal rod in my pocket. Having removed the clip, the only option left is to fold them twice and tuck them in with the cards. 

I had high hopes for this one. It's pretty thin, the leather is high quality, the craftsmanship seems solid, and the slider strap thingy is nifty. Alas! My search for the perfect wallet must continue.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just throw all the credit cards i use in the center console of my car since i don't want to disinfect my wallet every single time i touch and contaminate it lol

Message 12 of 27
JFox418
Regular Contributor

Wallet Recommendations

Hear me out..... I figure out of all the people I know to ask, this forum would probably have the most input. Smiley Very Happy

Currently using a tri-fold, nothing fancy at all but it's so worn and it's starting to tear up all my cards. I don't like when cards are stacked on each other either.

What's everyone using for pocket carry wallets? Any favorites? How many cards do you typically carry with you?

Message 13 of 27
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wallet Recommendations

I use the Apple MagSafe wallet. Not much room in it but it comfortably fits my ID, Tesla keycard and CSR. I absolutely LOVE it! 

Message 14 of 27
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@Schwartzinator wrote:

I use the Apple MagSafe wallet. Not much room in it but it comfortably fits my ID, Tesla keycard and CSR. I absolutely LOVE it! 

Had to look that one up, never heard of it. That's definitely interesting and could be an option.

Message 15 of 27

I also need recommendations on wallets. I carry around. A lot of cards which probably isn't good, but I do I've got a metal wallet with a band around it. I don't really care for it, here hoping someone could provide better options. I've probably got about 20+ cards in there 🥴😂

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday: 4,000 l AMEX Cash Magnet: 2,700 l AMEX Everyday: 1,000 l AMEX Green: NPSL l AMEX Gold: NPSL | Apple Card: 2,500 l Bank of America BankAmericard 3,100 l BECU Cashback:18,500 l Capital One Quicksilver: 1,000 | Capital One Quicksilver(2): 1,000 | Capital One Walmart: 10,000 l Chase Freedom: 2,000 l Chase Sapphire Preferred: 4,000 l Chase Slate: 1,000 l Citi BestBuy: 15,000 l Citi Rewards Plus: 5,570 l Discover it: 16,900 l Discover Gas & Restaurant: 6,000 l DCU Platinum: 700 l FNBO Evergreen: 15,000 l FordPass Rewards: 11,300 l Navy Federal Cash Rewards: 31,500 l Navy Federal More Rewards: 21,500 l Navy Federal Platinum: 27,000 l Overstock: 2,250 l PayPal Credit: 3,100 l PenFed Platinum Rewards: 15,000 l PNC Cash Rewards Visa: 3,900 l PNC Points Visa: 2,800 l PNC Points Visa (2): 1,100 l Renasant Bank: 18,000 l Sams Club Mastercard: 5,000 l Target: 2,200 l USAA Cashback Rewards Plus: 5,000 l USAA Preferred Cash Rewards: 13,000 l USAA Rewards AMEX: 2,000 l Wells Fargo Platinum: 1,000 l Wells Fargo Propel: 7,300
Message 16 of 27
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@Jesuschild2712 wrote:

I also need recommendations on wallets. I carry around. A lot of cards which probably isn't good, but I do I've got a metal wallet with a band around it. I don't really care for it, here hoping someone could provide better options. I've probably got about 20+ cards in there 🥴😂

I have a buddy who recommended The Ridge  and I thought it was cool but all the cards are smashed together and that annoys me. 

Message 17 of 27
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Late to the conversation, just found it.

Decided this year to give small, front pocket wallets as Christmas gifts for my FedX, Mail, UPS delivery drivers.  I like items "Made in the USA" , so my price range was more between ~$35 and ~$70.  I also wanted a wallet but like many above posters had no idea which would work best for me.  Purchased  five wallets and played with each with my cards & cash. Repackaged all I did not want to keep as gifts.  No long term test just a day each.

Learned a lot from playing with them.   Like credit cards or cars a lot depends on personal taste.  However I found that the number of cards you need to carry and whether you really use cash or just carry an emergency bill or two also makes a big difference. 

Trayvax  --  Original Ver: 2 

(Pros:  Very adjustable from just a couple cards to 15+, With replaceable paracord will last forever, small and light for a cards enclosed design)   (Cons: Money clip on back makes it a little thick if you are not a regular cash carry person, a little wider & longer than ones like "Ridge".)  * I liked and kept this wallet, however I cut off the money clip with a good cut off blade on my 4" grinder, to make it thinner. *

Trayvax  -- Armored Summit

(Pros: Little smaller, & thinner, than the "Original 2", money clip less obtrusive for those that carry cash)

(Cons: Just felt like the cards were not as secure as in the "original model".   I don't like that the cards are not fully enclosed in something, trusting tension to keep thing secure.  It also has a card limit of 7   * Gift * )

Trayvax -- Ascent

(Pros: Looks really nice, perfect size and easy use for my 7 cards and two emergency bills, holds cards securely in place)

(Cons: Leather always takes a little maintenance and it is a little heavier than some of the just metal or carbon fiber wallets)  * My daily use wallet *

Trayvax  -- Element

(Pros: Holds a few more cards than Summit or Ascent and handles cash best of the five I tested.  Best for 8-10 cards & cash person)

(Cons: A little larger and thicker than I need for 6-7 card and emergency cash only) * Gift *

Dango --  D01 Dapper

(Pros: Holds up to 12 cards, looks nice, made very well, more secure feel than the summit for non enclosed design , excellent choice if one need 9-12 cards and also uses cash)

(Cons: Large and bulky for my need, but it hols and does more !) * Gift *

Message 18 of 27
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

You guys would cringe if you saw me!  I can't give up my Harley Davidson 3-fold, 2-snap chain wallet that I've been using since I was a skateboarder in highschool!  I have since removed the chain.  Smiley Wink

https://houseofharley.com/harley-davidson-men-s-bar-shield-medium-trucker-wallet-19-chain-xml4328-or...

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 19 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Who der?

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.