New Wallet, Who Dis?

tag
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Wallet, Who Dis?

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the one I got:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1IT5K1/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glc_fabc_sqZcGb971M6GQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I am unhappy with my current wallet, so I came to this thread looking for ideas for a replacement. The one I am trying to replace is the exact one you linked to! Smiley LOL

The main thing I dislike about it is that after about a year of use, the leather has stretched out so the pouches are too loose and my cards sometimes slide/fall/fly out of the open end. Also, I can't find a good way to store bills in it. I dislike the clip because I don't want a metal rod in my pocket. Having removed the clip, the only option left is to fold them twice and tuck them in with the cards. 

I had high hopes for this one. It's pretty thin, the leather is high quality, the craftsmanship seems solid, and the slider strap thingy is nifty. Alas! My search for the perfect wallet must continue.

I'm using this thin bifold from an Etsy-seller. I carry four cards, DL, insurance cards, and three folded bills. One month old, so far, front-pocket carry and I can barely tell its there.

Wallet1_040.jpgWallet2.jpgWallet2_040.jpg

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 21 of 27
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

I've been very happy with this Serman Brands wallet since March 2021.  It's held up very nicely over time.  Quick access to my top 3 cards and ID.  Easily holds up to 10 bills in the center.  Pocket for additional cards where I have my ATM card, insurance card, and FSA card.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FUYP6YU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TCL: $401.4k
Message 22 of 27
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@DJRobbieD wrote:

I've been very happy with this Serman Brands wallet since March 2021.  It's held up very nicely over time.  Quick access to my top 3 cards and ID.  Easily holds up to 10 bills in the center.  Pocket for additional cards where I have my ATM card, insurance card, and FSA card.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FUYP6YU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had that one too.The leather is really nice and the pull strap thing works very well. But don't your cards, especially the heavy, metal ones, tend to fall out of the inner pocket, on the opposite side from the ID spot? Mine did, and I found it to be a fatal flaw. 

Message 23 of 27
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Before the pandemic I was carrying a Costanza-scale old Coach wallet.

During the pandemic I switched to using just the removable insert of that wallet. I basically just had my DL, health insurance ID, Costco Visa and BBP as physical cards (along with a mobile wallet).

With my travel recently resuming, I got a Secrid Twinwallet. I don't know if it holds quite as much as they claim it should (perhaps it will as the leather wears with time), but I'm carrying:

RFID casing 1: EDP, Costco, Amex Gold, Schwab Platinum, BofA PR

RFID casing 2: BBP, CFU, IHG, Business Platinum

Other spots: DL, health insurance ID, Arrival MC (not contactless)

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 24 of 27
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

During the pandemic I switched to using just the removable insert of that wallet. I basically just had my DL, health insurance ID, Costco Visa and BBP as physical cards (along with a mobile wallet).

With my travel recently resuming, I got a Secrid Twinwallet. I don't know if it holds quite as much as they claim it should (perhaps it will as the leather wears with time), but I'm carrying:

You might already know this, and/or have other reasons for carrying the physical Costco card, but I chose to leave that one at home once I discovered the Costco mobile app has a digital version of the card in the Membership tab.

Message 25 of 27
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

You might already know this, and/or have other reasons for carrying the physical Costco card, but I chose to leave that one at home once I discovered the Costco mobile app has a digital version of the card in the Membership tab.

I like and use technology, including the Costco app, but phones can physically break or have software or battery problems. I'll be carrying at least a few physical backup cards for a long, long time.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 26 of 27
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@DJRobbieD wrote:

I had that one too.The leather is really nice and the pull strap thing works very well. But don't your cards, especially the heavy, metal ones, tend to fall out of the inner pocket, on the opposite side from the ID spot? Mine did, and I found it to be a fatal flaw. 

Yeah, I've had that issue on occassion with metal cards slipping out of the "back" inner pocket (but not the "front" one).  I solved that by having one metal card in the outer pocket, one metal card in the "front" inner pocket, and one plastic card with raised numbers in the "back" inner pocket to anchor both.

TCL: $401.4k
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.