Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wallet, Who Dis?

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

New Wallet, Who Dis?

I've been eyeing a slimmer style wallet for some months now. I had sort of decided on the SlimFold wallet but was hoping it'd drop in price (usually ~$50).  Yesterday, Best Buy dropped some random slim wallet I'd never heard of from Nomatic to $10. I thought...what the hell, it's cheap enough that I don't really care and if it doesn't work for me, it'll make a decent gift. 

Turns out, this thing is both slim and sleak. It fits all the cards I need to have on me and has room for a few bills folded up. It held 10 cards, 2 business cards, 6 bills, and a license just fine. It's actually slimmer full than my old wallet is empty which I thought was pretty insane. I guess leather is denser than I thought. It also has a neat little feature where you can pull a tab to make your most used cards pop out more easily. It seems so simple yet I've never seen another slim wallet with this feature. 

In any case, I just wanted to write that having a slim wallet seems revolutionary...even though they're not new, it's new to me and the space in my pocket is nice to have back. You should definitely consider one if you walk around with less than 15 cards on you. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Wallet, Who Dis?

Glad to hear that exceeded expectations! I've seen that wallet as a daily deal a couple times over the past year or so, but never thought much about it. I've been running ultra lean the last two years with 3 cards total (ID, Tesla Keycard, CSR) on me so I've been really into wallet cases that attach to the back of my phone.

Message 2 of 27
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

I tried phone wallets years ago but it ended up being inconvenient in both directions for me. If I got that new iPhone with the magnet wallet on it, I would try again but I doubt that could hold the mess of cards I carry with me at all times for mostly no reason besides paranoia. Smiley Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I have one very similar to that. Bought it on Amazon for roughly $30. Black leather, slim bifold front pocket wallet. It has a slim money clip in it for cash, plus the ID window, three card pockets (two of which you can double-carry cards in), and the pull-tab pop out for the most used card. Honestly that's a feature I wasn't sure about but I love it after using it for a few weeks. I carry Gold, Platinum, Navy Plat, PCR, my local CU card, and BCP, plus ID and medical insurance card. With 6-7 bills in it, it's less than half an inch thick. Perfect design in my opinion.

Message 4 of 27
800who
Regular Contributor

One time I was at a Macy's and I saw a generic wallet ($10-$20) and inside was a card holder and I bought the wallet and took out the card holder and just use that as a wallet hahaha as backwoods as it might sound. It's a bi-fold and I have approx 8 cards in it, probably not the reccomendation you're looking for, but had to throw it out there Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 27
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

I've been eyeing a slimmer style wallet for some months now. I had sort of decided on the SlimFold wallet but was hoping it'd drop in price (usually ~$50).  Yesterday, Best Buy dropped some random slim wallet I'd never heard of from Nomatic to $10. I thought...what the hell, it's cheap enough that I don't really care and if it doesn't work for me, it'll make a decent gift. 

Turns out, this thing is both slim and sleak. It fits all the cards I need to have on me and has room for a few bills folded up. It held 10 cards, 2 business cards, 6 bills, and a license just fine. It's actually slimmer full than my old wallet is empty which I thought was pretty insane. I guess leather is denser than I thought. It also has a neat little feature where you can pull a tab to make your most used cards pop out more easily. It seems so simple yet I've never seen another slim wallet with this feature. 

In any case, I just wanted to write that having a slim wallet seems revolutionary...even though they're not new, it's new to me and the space in my pocket is nice to have back. You should definitely consider one if you walk around with less than 15 cards on you. 

I think I got the exact wallet you're talking about from BBY. I actually got two but they were free. They came with the scooters we bought during the past holidays along with BBY gift cards. Pretty good sale they had on the scooters. 

I've put some cards in them just to mess around because I already have a slim leather wallet from Coach that I've been using for a long time and I love the thing. It has room for 3 cards on each side, plus a pocket in the middle. You can get them for cheap at their outlets. I think I paid less than $20 for it. I have a collection of their slim wallets that I've picked up over the years. Last time I went, they had a 70% + 20% sale or something like that. 

Message 6 of 27
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous Wow that sounds wonderful. Do you know the brand of your wallet? That easy-visibility license access was actually why I've been using the same wallet for so many years. My old classic wallet has a little slip that could hold 3 cards plus a license...so if I was just going for a short trip or for a walk, I would just take that. But also, if I was getting carded, it was convenient to be able to display the license quickly (not possible with the current one).

@imaximous Yeah, a lot of reviews I read on my current slim wallet stated it came with a scooter for free. Still, for $10, you really can't beat the convenience of this. 

Message 7 of 27
_bobby_lee
New Contributor

OOOOOOOOooooOOOoOooooooOOoooo this sounds like something I would like. I'm going to hop over to best buy and check it out. I've been using a Herschel canvas slim wallet for a couple years now but it's kind of too small, honestly. I usually have to leave a couple cards out of it, and as soon as I add cash it starts to bend the cards which is a pet-peeve of mine lol Thanks for the tip!

Cards are shown in chronological order of opening, 2014 - 2022.
US Bank Cash + $8,700
Business Cards:
AMEX Blue Business Cash | $9,000 | July 2021
Wells Fargo Active Cash | $5,500 | Feb 2022
Chase Ink Business Unlimited | $11,000 | Feb 2022

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 777 TU 780 EQ
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 27
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Looks sleak and functional. I'll keep it in mind if something happens with my cheap-o one that currently does the job. 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.