Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sports bike

tag
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: New sports bike

Man I would have done the samething you did with no apologies. That would be way better than B.S.'ing with your in-laws (Hi, how are you, good, that's good, what about you, I'm fine, that's good to hear, the weather's been really good lately, yes it has, etc.).

Message 21 of 33
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

It's not as though she didn't know you liked to ride before you got married.  So...here's the real question...what did you get?  (I'm thinking Ducati...)

Got a photo??  Smiley Tongue

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 22 of 33
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

I would never have done that, especially sneakily! But then my spouse and I consult each other for everything financially. That's how we know we're getting the best out of OUR money. I think that is a big difference too. We have seperate accounts but just for incidentals.

Well, I hope she likes to ride. Haha. Smiley Happy I used to have a sports bike, but after a number of accidents in which I got very lucky and having to sell what was left of the bike for medical costs, I no longer have one. And I respect my husband's anguish about the dangers of riding. Lost a friend this year on a bike. But I miss riding so bad it hurts!! Ahh well, maybe my next car will be sporty. Smiley Wink

Here's hoping it's a Kawi!
2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 23 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

Many thanks for the replies and insights.

She'll be back on Friday and will share with her my recent purchase.  While she may be surprised, I'm beyond absoutely certain she will not have the sort of vitriolic reaction some here has suggested she should.

It's just a sports bike and nothing special. I certainly didn't intend this thread to be about the "bike" per se, but just thought it would be a fun thread where other guys (those who ride surely would understand when wives/girlfriends have irrational and often comical fears about riding) can share some amusing stories of some bantering back and forth when their wives/gfs object to their riding or buying a bike.

@ GMC SierraDenali - With my in-laws, as they say, "there's no jury in the land" that would convict me of lying to get out of a weekend with them.  LOL 

Message 24 of 33
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

I'll never forget right after putting a Mohawk on my helmet, hearing my father in law(also a rider) see another biker with such a Mohawk and commenting how stupid it is.

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Message 25 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

@Henchman21 wrote:
I'll never forget right after putting a Mohawk on my helmet, hearing my father in law(also a rider) see another biker with such a Mohawk and commenting how stupid it is.

I remember the days when we rode without helmets.  Smiley Wink

PS - Now I have an excuse to buy a new helmet!

Message 26 of 33
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

True! I love New Helmet Day!

I started off without a helmet but quickly learned that was a bad idea.

Especially when sitting b***h with my best friend and he has to hit the brakes suddenly, I'm not paying attention so my forehead smacks the back of his helmet and I hear him chuckle. Always makes me laugh. And rub my forehead. Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

@Henchman21 wrote:
True! I love New Helmet Day!

I started off without a helmet but quickly learned that was a bad idea.

Me too!  

I quickly realized at high speeds, you can run smack into flying objects, such as insects!  Always fun picking a new helmet to match the bike.  

Never had a Kawi, but I still remember my very first bike in college, the Honda CBR (this was way back in the early 90s).  I thought it was the greatest machine every made.  

Message 28 of 33
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, you wouldn't think that grasshoppers could hurt you until... Smiley Happy of course, rocks are just as bad.

I had a fun experience once whilst riding. A spider. Inside my visor. From out of nowhere.

The CBR is a great bike, my second choice! I'm fairly thin, so the ninja is a bit more easier to handle for me. I've been lusting real hard over a CBR on campus, but I'm a bit scared of the way some students drive around campus! Smiley Tongue

Message 29 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

@Henchman21 wrote:

The CBR is a great bike, my second choice! I'm fairly thin, so the ninja is a bit more easier to handle for me.

The one minor complaint I had with the CBR was it's bulk. At the time, I felt Yamis and Kawis were easier to handle, but the Honda was a better buy. Even back then, I was extremely value oriented!

I tested the new Ninjas with abs.  I have a preference for windy roads and felt the Ninja's power and torque made the frame difficult for me to handle on the hairpins, especially accelerating out of turns.  Other than that, it was the most powerful bike I've ever ridden. 

The Ninja is certainly the best looking bike out there!

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.