cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the site.

tag
colinb913

New to the site.

Hey guys, I am brand new to the site, but I have been a member of a few forums before. I figured there would be some sort fo a introduction section, but I guess not. Any ways, after lurking around here I decided to do some apps last night. Got approved for a Slate, and a Cap. One Platinum. I already had a 5/3 Real Rewards. Now I am gonna garden for a bit and hopefully app for a AMEX and a Chase Sapphire here in about six months.

I work at a cigar shop here in town, and do some free lance consulting on the side. 19 years old, and brand new to the credit card world. Before my mini-app spree, I only had my 5/3 card for four months. So I am pretty excited to have gotten these two. My fiance and I live in a apartment now, and we had no problems on that front. But other than that, I think ya'll are caught up with my life story.

I look forward to learning alot more on these forums!

Chase Slate:500/ /Cap. One Platinum: 500// 5/3 Real Life Rewards: 750//
5/3 Platinum: 200// 697tu/729exp/745eq
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New to the site.

Very nice.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 11
hausfrau
New Contributor

Got any good recommendations on smaller cigars? I like to have one with my hubs from time to time, but I can't do a whole one. I like something pretty mild. I've had some decent Nubs, but feel like a pothead with a cigarillo.

Starting my rebuild!

Message 3 of 11
HiLine
Blogger

Very nice start for someone so young!

... and engaged (just out of curiosity, how old were you when you got engaged? Congrats btw Smiley Happy )

Message 4 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to myFico forums!!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 11
calebwshn
Valued Member

Im also new here and to the world of credit. Back when I was 19, I went on what I now know is referred to as an insane app spree and didn't even have the slightest clue what a CR even was. Someone told me its like free money and naturally I was on it!. Needless to say I got denied and suffered 6 hard inquiries. Then to add salt into the wound, my parents thought it would be great to use my name for a couple utility bills and just let them go delinquent. So add those 3 Collection accounts totaling about 1300 in debt. 

I recently wised up about credit and have become obsessed with having an Flawless report. So in November of 2012 I managed to clean all of that up even the inquiries and after falling for that 14.95 a month from FCR.com wised up about FICO. I went from a 453 to a 701 TU, 460 to 646 EFX (still waiting on one last collection to drop off) and a 566 to 734 EX. Its so amazing. Im self employed in the Entertainment industry. My long term goal is to become a Centurion card holder, why? Because well its the entertainment industry; all flash. But for now I'm looking forward to an AMEX PLATINUM, CSP, and upgrading my Cap1 to a better version. 

Current Personal Cards:
Amex Gold - NPSL, Chase Freedom - 3300, Amex Optima - 1100

Current Business Cards
Amex Amazon Business Prime - 3000, Chase Ink Unlimited - 6000

FICO8:
Ex - 702, TU - 727, EQ - 705

INQ:
EX - 7, TU - 3, EQ - 1
Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and nice to have you here.

There's a wealth of knowledge to be obtained here at MyFico.

Congrats on the new cards and since you plan on gardening stop in the credit card forum 

find the garden thread introduce your self and let everyone say hello. It's a wonderful group of people.

Best wishes on your credit journeySmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum calebwshn!

I'm sure you achieve your goal . You seem to have a good head on your shoulders!
Message 8 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Welcome!

I remember when i first joined, just a post or two here and there, now you can't get me off the site.

Hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us do xD
Message 9 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.