Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if this would fit under "Credit Cards"

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Not sure if this would fit under "Credit Cards"

please forgive me if this is the wrong forum!

I have been "lurking" for about a week prior to registering, I found this forum on a random google search about "BillMe Later" and have found so much useful information. Thank you to every contributor who has given up information regarding their (very personal) credit experience. 

Real quick: My scores as of 11/06/12: EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696

I only began re-building my credit a little over a year ago, my identity/credit was jacked by a family member and almost everything had fallen off by 10/2011. 

I applied for/received the BofA Secured Card* ($99.00/$500.00) and opened a Fingerhut account to get something positive reporting (initial CL $400.00/$0.00 bal/$900.00 CL after 6 mos. of no use)

I currently have a Capital One unsecured ($500 CL/$0.00 bal),

HSBC/Cap One ($300.00 CL$0.00 bal)

Merrick Bank ($650.00 CL/$400.00 bal)

First Savings MC (S1000.00 CL/$0.00 bal)

*After 12 mos. w/BofA I called for review and the account is now unsecured $1000.00 CL/$125.00 bal)

After reading through a lot of threads I decided to go for a decent card, and applied online for a Discover More card (ya know, a real card), and once I got the "more review is necessary" message, I remembered everything a I have read about just calling and talking to a live person - and... IT WORKED. I just had to answer a few questions: Why I wanted the card, why did I allow a CC c/o before PIF, etc. $2K with 18 mo. 3.99% apr. 

My point is ... THANK YOU posters! without the info in this forum I never would have even tried for the card, let alone called someone to talk about a possible (ok, almost guaranteed) denial.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Not sure if this would fit under "Credit Cards"

Congratulations! This should def be moved to credit forums Smiley Happy

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 2 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

Big congratulations!!! How does it feel to have a prime lender match twice the current highest credit limit? Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

again i am sorry this is in the wrong spot! 

it feels awesome! I was very happy to get approved and almost dumbfounded lol

more than anything I was thrilled to have the info I read here to even ask questions!

Message 4 of 5
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forums! You are on the road to success discover is a gr8 card to have.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.