Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK I just can't do it....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I just can't do it....

I just can't do it....nope! I have almost eaten mailboxes, almost had heart attacks going through intersection under a long standing green light....been closer to ditches than I care to....I just can't get on the highway.....Yeap I am talking about teaching my teenager to drive. Don't get me wrong....she has gotten really good now but I don't I can stand any more. Problem is- she doesn't want to drive with her daddy. I don't know how I ended up being the teacher. He has tried numerous times to get her to drive him somewhere...I just don't get why it has to be me. At least I refuse to do the imaginary break like my mom did.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OK I just can't do it....

When my daughter reaches driving age-  I WILL NOT BE THE ONE TEACHING HER-

I can be crazy and I can be stupid- bot not both at the same time Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

As I told my daughter when was 12 - no sex or driving until I am dead.  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is where the Sears driving cool came in really handy for my Mom as well as high school driver's ed. Have you thought about either of those things?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we did drivers ed but it is only two days long...hardly enough time to be safe in my opinion. We did it to get a discount on insurance. Times are changing...I remember when Drivers Ed was a whole sememster.....now they have teen safe driving cams for the cars too. Our insurance company is providing hers....geez I am glad I didn't have that when I was a kid....but as a parent it is kind of nice. Horrifies her! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two days? Mine was a semester like yours and then my Mom still made me go with the Sears guy. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
As I told my daughter when was 12 - no sex or driving until I am dead.  Smiley Very Happy

Geez, did ya sleep with one eye open? Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Mine was a joint effort between me and the ex. Then Sears driving school came in for clean up duty. She is really an excellent and conscientious driver.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.