Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey/town and country

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odyssey/town and country

I have a t & c now wanting to get a new minivan, I love the t & c but thinking of going with the odyssey.  Mostly undecided as of now.  Anyone have a '08 odyssey or t & c?  Thanks Vicki
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Odyssey/town and country

We have an '03 T&C. Happy with it. We are at 102k miles and still going strong. We were seriously looking last year at the Odyssey and T&C and had we made a decision we would have bought the T&C. Seemed to have more features and was way more comfortable (need leg and head room).
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We needed seating for at least 3 kids in carseats & ended up getting a Buick Rendzvous. Some earlier models were awkward looking, esp w/ the ugly high plastic siding.. but we got the Ultra edition, which is the highest package.. so it's creamy pearl colored, to to bottom no cheap trim package. It's awesome. Seats 6, back seat is bench and folds down flat & middle seats are captain's chair style and fold in half. Nav system, alloy wheels, traction control.. it rides like an SUV and sits high like an SUV, but has room like a minivan.. I fit a queen-sized sleigh bed in it w/ the back rows folded down Smiley Happy

I totally love my luxury crossover SUV & recommend it to everyone.. if you're looking at anything different from a minivan, just have to throw this out there for you.
Message 3 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

As far as your pics between Town and Country or Odyssey, i think i would have to go with Honda Odyssey i have read articles on comparisons between these two and the Odyssey has always won, it a better build, better quality, and it flat out looks good! I dont know what your money is like but i would atleast go with the EX-L version or Touring Edition.

I like the T&C but they just seem so cheap even the Limited Edition.

If you want to be a cool soccer mom, then go with a Buick Enclave, Saturn Outlook, or GMC Acadia, these vehicles can seat up to seven i believe, avail Nav, pwr liftgate, skyview, Dvd, remote start, onstar, they have alot of features!

Good Luck on your purchase! Just be sure to shop around and drive any and every vehicle you want!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 4 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Also it would depend on your goals. Our family consists of DW, DD (6 yrs), DS#1 (3 yrs), DS#2 (6 mo.), myself, and hopefully another on the way. Our T&C barely holds us all. It is only possible to add one other person (due to the width of the kids' seats). For example, my folks are coming this weekend. If we want to go out, we have to take separate cars.

Schoolbuskid, do you have any unused or unwanted buses that we could take off your hands? At this rate, we'll need one.
Message 5 of 17
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

You might want to go to the edmunds.com website, and examine pertinent vehicle threads on their forums. 

You can find the edmunds.com Chrysler Town & Country Forum at:

The edmunds.com Honda Odyssey Forum can be found at:
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 6 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

llecs wrote:
Also it would depend on your goals. Our family consists of DW, DD (6 yrs), DS#1 (3 yrs), DS#2 (6 mo.), myself, and hopefully another on the way. Our T&C barely holds us all. It is only possible to add one other person (due to the width of the kids' seats). For example, my folks are coming this weekend. If we want to go out, we have to take separate cars.

Schoolbuskid, do you have any unused or unwanted buses that we could take off your hands? At this rate, we'll need one.

Im afraid not my friend, but yea im thinking you'll be needing a 15 passenger van soon. LOL!Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Here are some video links for Odyssey and Town and Country!

Odyssey

Town and Coiuntry

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 05-28-2008 08:55 AM
Message 8 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Schoolbuskid wrote:
Here are some video links for Odyssey and Town and Country!

Odyssey

Town and Coiuntry

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 05-28-2008 08:55 AM

Thanks for posting that! I'm ready for another T&C. In fact, went to price via Chrysler. $40k (OK, so I don't need to tow anything, but I might one day). Just have to pay off the one I have now first (8 mo. to go).
Message 9 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea that video of the Chrysler was giving me second thoughts, it has loads of features!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.