cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops! I accidentally removed my Amazon store card. Can i add it back when i get the card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops! I accidentally removed my Amazon store card. Can i add it back when i get the card?

So i had an oops and I accidentally removed my Amazon store card from my card trying to update my default payment method. 

Anybody done this before? I figure hopefully I can re-add back my Amazon storecard when I get the physical card but I see no option for that. Just Add a debit/credit card. 

Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Oops! I accidentally removed my Amazon store card. Can i add it back when i get the card?

@Anonymous wrote:

So i had an oops and I accidentally removed my Amazon store card from my card trying to update my default payment method. 

Anybody done this before? I figure hopefully I can re-add back my Amazon storecard when I get the physical card but I see no option for that. Just Add a debit/credit card. 

Thoughts? 

It is a credit card, albeit one that you can only use on Amazon.  You can readd it just as you could any other credit card.

Message 2 of 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Oops! I accidentally removed my Amazon store card. Can i add it back when i get the card?

Yes, you can add it where you add any other credit card. It IS a credit card.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For reference to anyone currently viewing this, no, you cannot simply add this to your amazon account as you would any other credit card. It seems when you remove the store card from your account. It only shows you the option to sign up for a store card. Still unsure how to re-add the card to the Amazon account.

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For reference to anyone currently viewing this, no, you cannot simply add this to your amazon account as you would any other credit card. It seems when you remove the store card from your account. It only shows you the option to sign up for a store card. Still unsure how to re-add the card to the Amazon account.

I have no personal experience with it, but I would hope calling/chatting with customer service would possibly rectify the issue.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.