Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor security camera

Jnbmom
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Outdoor security camera

Can anyone recommend one that has decent range wireless etc.

my daughter is in a new complex for grad school last night someone cut the catalytic converter off  My daughter's boyfriend s car😡😡Thinking of getting some type of security camera for them 

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Outdoor security camera

Ring is the best wireless battery operated camera all around. If you need one that has no delay when it starts recording you need to get nest. Drawback is you have to deal with the power cord.

Source: I install them all the time.

Message 2 of 12
Jnbmom
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Ring is the best wireless battery operated camera all around. If you need one that has no delay when it starts recording you need to get nest. Drawback is you have to deal with the power cord.

Thanks does it have good range parking depends on how close they can  park near their apartment,  spot wise not set spaces first come basis  ?

@Brian_Earl_Spilner 

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 3 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Thanks does it have good range parking depends on how close they can  park near their apartment,  spot wise not set spaces first come basis  ?

@Brian_Earl_Spilner 

Depending on how high and how it's angled, I've been able to set the motion to trigger over 100ft away on the ring. I haven't tested how far the nest will reach, but it easily goes 50 ft.

Message 4 of 12
Jnbmom
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner 

Thank you 👍

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 5 of 12
SoCalGardener
Established Contributor

I have Ring and love it! I had mine professionally installed (by ADT, adding on to my existing security system), hardwired, with battery backup. Its range is VERY good; we finally got it tweaked to just the area we actually wanted! Smiley Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardAmerican Express Platinum CardBank of America Cash Rewards CardCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver Visa CardCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards CardSynchrony Home Card
Message 6 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I guess I should also mention that I use ring coupled with eero to handle the traffic.

Message 7 of 12
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I've had a couple Arlo Pro 2 up around the exterior areas as well as the garage for around 3 years now and I've got no complaints. They're a little pricy and there's a bit of a delay with playback when opening alerts, but I bought them specifically because they included 1 week of cloud storage without any recurring monthly charge. 

If I were buying cameras new right now, I'd be a lot more open to other brands as there's no free storage offered anymore. 

Message 8 of 12
Trini88
Regular Contributor

Arlo. We have been using it as our outdoor camera system for a year and love it. My husbands dad (police officer) told us to get it, he uses them for his home as well.

Message 9 of 12
Jnbmom
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Trini88 @Schwartzinator 

Thank you both 

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.