cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside of MyFICO, what other websites keep you humored?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Outside of MyFICO, what other websites keep you humored?

The day is long. You can't stand another TPS report. Your mind is mush so you avoid offering advice on MyFICO. Where are you going to go to now for a good chuckle? Outside of MyFICO, what other clean websites keep you humored?

I'm looking for others' input, but I have two favorites to pass the time:

419eater.com  -  great website. 419 refers to the Nigerian law than bans scams like my uncle died and left me $10,000,000 and if you wire me $10k, I wire you the $10mil. Or, you won the international lottery. E-mail us and we'll send you a (fake) check and we'll send the rest later (but don't count on it because we already cleared out your accounts).

The person running the site actually scams the scammers. He plays the part of the victim-to-be and gets the scammers to do crazy things. Great site!

improveverywhere.com - Funny site. The great folks at IE really put thought into this one. They go out and stage events in public view. For example they recently crashed a Little League baseball game (fun for the kids in that game - they won't forget it). They organized a musical inside a mall food court - nobody knew what was coming. IE organized a fake wedding proposal on a NYC subway train, and also hosted a Halloween Party in a NYC subway car. They also organized dozens of redheads and protested a certain red-haired mascot. Too funny. Dozens of videos to pass the time.

Message Edited by llecs on 06-30-2008 03:15 PM

Message Edited by llecs on 07-04-2008 08:04 AM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Outside of MyFICO, what other websites keep you humored?

I can waste hours upon hours on Wikipedia. I can't help it. You can click everything.

I'll normally spend a couple minutes on Myspace a day also.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

For sheer giggling idiocy, I love icanhascheezburger?. Cat-haters, stay away. The captions are supposedly written by cats, using cat spelling, and there are an infinitude of running gags. There are occasional appearances by baby hedgehogs, rabbits, and a walrus that lost its bucket.

Just discovered a forum for those who have retirement money in TSP (military and federal employees.) Many of the people there seem to be kind of obsessed, and there are some truly startling flame wars, so I don't know how long I'll be there. Maybe get the info I need and slide away.

Otherwise, I seem to spend a lot of time on consumer review websites, including a site devoted to the Toto Drake 2-piece toilet.

I seriously need a life.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like topix.com

Message 4 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Some of my favs are:

- Wine Spectator forum
- Prosper loans
- City-Data dot com

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

before becoming fico consumed i visited jeepkj dot com some, ok slightly more.
Message 6 of 14
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

hmmmm.....a cat forum I belong to....
Message 7 of 14
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I love snopes.com. It's a website devoted to confirming or debunking urban legends.
Message 8 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Lel wrote:
I love snopes.com. It's a website devoted to confirming or debunking urban legends.

Great site....It is amazing how gullible we are.
Message 9 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@llecs wrote:

@Lel wrote:

Great site....It is amazing how gullible we are.

I'll bet I run 3-4 received e-mails a day through this thing. Muggers lying under cars, slashing women's Achilles tendons so they can't run away; politicians who have supposedly done this, that, and the other; little old ladies drying poodles in the microwave, you name it.

If it turns out to be an urban legend, I always e-mail the link back to the sender, but I'm afraid it's like sticking a finger in the crack in the dam. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.