Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC to Prestige Metal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC to Prestige Metal

I called in and asked if I could convert my Citi AAdvantage to anything.  I was offer the Mile Up, Citi Rewards AA Exec or Prestige.

Does anyone know if you PC to the Prestige will you still get a metal card or would you get a plastic card since it isn't a new account?  The rep didn't even know that the card was metal.  I can't get the bonus if I applied for it anyway, since I just got the Premier bonus.

I already have the Citi Premier and Double Cash.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC to Prestige Metal

@Anonymous wrote:

I called in and asked if I could convert my Citi AAdvantage to anything.  I was offer the Mile Up, Citi Rewards AA Exec or Prestige.

Does anyone know if you PC to the Prestige will you still get a metal card or would you get a plastic card since it isn't a new account?  The rep didn't even know that the card was metal.  I can't get the bonus if I applied for it anyway, since I just got the Premier bonus.

I already have the Citi Premier and Double Cash.

Its gonna be a metal card however you get it.

Message 2 of 10
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: PC to Prestige Metal

I PC'd my Double Cash to Prestige (for now). I hope it's the 18 gram metal card. 

Message 3 of 10
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Citi Prestige is a beautiful card

I am one of those people who appreciates the aesthetics of credit cards. I have had a few nice looking premium cards recently, but today the Citi Prestige showed up--it's very impressive.

The weight of the card is 18 grams which feels perfect to hold. The card's design is so elegant and, as much as I was trying to find a different word, it looks prestigious.

I am showing American Express Gold Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve for comparison (both 12 grams) as they would be my runners up for card design. (Both accounts are closed.)

My plan going forward is to simplify my life and only carry the NFCU More Rewards (daily driver) and Chase Freedom (backup) in my wallet and to no longer have cards with annual fees, so Citi Prestige will likely be PC reversed to Citi Double Cash.

Anyway, enjoy!

prestigegoldsapphire.jpg

Message 4 of 10
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige is a beautiful card

Congrats! While I don't want to play oneupsmanship and don't doubt that the Prestige is "pretty", but I think it is universally acknowledge that the AmEx ED card is the most beautiful card that has ever been issued. 😉
Message 5 of 10
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I agree that it is a well-designed card, it could be a lot nicer if all of the circles were debossed. And they removed the name from the front of the card.
Message 6 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I still have my original card (now a DC).

Flexible, humble plastic...but I think the old design had a certain charm that the 18 gram cards lack. Smiley Wink

tempsnip 3 - Copy.jpg

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 10
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Haha, the design is pretty much the same, I believe, with only subtle changes and of course the extra weight.
Message 8 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I was making a joke that the old design was more physically attractive because it had "Admirals Club lounge access" printed on the back.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 10
Deuter
Regular Contributor

I agree it looks really nice. I like the est 1812 and the persons sitting logo. Looks more banking traditional. What i dont like is the name at the front. I think the typeface kind of clashes a bit with the sophisticated design, or the color.

The white name letters just don’t last long for me, they either get dirty or is the part of the card that looks the most cheap. Like a letter starts peeling off etc.

But i like the design it looks more serious than other cards. Maybe it looks cliche that it’s black? What i love is the new weight!! I had the previous metal version and the 18g contactless feels much better in hand Smiley Happy

Don’t have another metal card or Amex Plat but i like the weight upgrade. I tend to prefer heavier cards as they are more durable, don’t peel off, and the weight reminds you if you’re carrying the card with you or not.

What i find interesting is that they made the effort to incorporate contactless without slimming it’s weight down. Tres Bien!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.