cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pepsi says they had the worst press ever. United says, Hold my Beer...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pepsi says they had the worst press ever. United says, Hold my Beer...

Delta  United was recently under social media fire for denying a flight to young girls wearing leggings stating it was a dress code violation.

United has now taken the lead  dug a bigger hole with a man being forcefully removed on an over booked flight.

Cell phone cameras recorded the physical removal of the passenger, bloodied and dragged off the plane when he refused to give up his seat.

4 United employees needed the flight to Louisville on a Sunday.  It was overbooked.   3 passengers willingly gave up their seats for an $800 option.   The 4th, yelling he was a doctor who needed to see patients on Monday,  the next day,  refused to leave.   Officers physically removed the man,  dragging him by his arms off the plane while other passengers videotaped, cried and screamed. Blood droplets were photographed on his armrest.

United stocks are now dropping today with a social media outcry of violations to this passengers rights.

TLDR:  should I dump my United card?   

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta says they had the worst press ever. United says, Hold my Beer...

Um, United was the one with the leggings issue not Delta. In fact, Delta criticized the action. A trip I'm taking realistically comes down to Delta or United (international), and the more I hear, the more I think I'll pay a little more for Delta.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah,  I'll edit.   Thanks man.  

I should say Pepsi instead.  Social media storm! 

But I felt it could be posted here as we use credit. Chase United.  Travel.  Etc. 

The infamous skypeso is looking pretty good now.  They should be dancing in marketing.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah,  I'll edit.   Thanks man.  

I should say Pepsi instead.  Social media storm! 

But I felt it could be posted here as we use credit. Chase United.  Travel.  Etc. 

The infamous skypeso is looking pretty good now.  They should be dancing in marketing.

No problem. And Pepsi works well. I have seen this part of the board used for multiple things not credit related so I think you are good. You should check out the United new CC and seating post in this forum. I think you'd appreciate it.

I am planning a one off international trip (usually fly Southwwest domestically) and United and Delta were the two options as American costs twice as much. I am seriously considering Delta even more now, which is a shame because I thought about getting the Chase Sapphire Preferred to transfer to United. Now I'll most likely avoid United after these past incidents.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I hear and see, United is in full mea culpa mode now, after it lost several hundred million dollars in value on the markets yesterday and their shiny new expansion plans into Asia have been put at hazard by this utter PR catastrophe. Their CEO, after two days of "what? who me?", apologized without reservation to the guy who got kicked off and to everyone else and pledged a complete investigation with results to be publicly released by the end of the month. Well, we'll see...

Message 5 of 7
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

Re: Pepsi says they had the worst press ever. United says, Hold my Beer...

It's amazing how quickly a CEO can become apologetic when the stock price takes a dive.

I was considering leaving Delta and taking my business to United, since my Chase card is my daily driver and I also want to use UR for Marriott, and this mess happened.

As a frequent flyer, this incident is extremely disturbing and reeks of pure thuggery on behalf of the airline. No way do I want to give United a penny of my money.
Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pepsi says they had the worst press ever. United says, Hold my Beer...

@Anonymous wrote:

Delta  United was recently under social media fire for denying a flight to young girls wearing leggings stating it was a dress code violation.

The way I understand it ths was actually justified. The young girls (teens) were flying on employee vouchers. When flying on those passes there is a dress code. It's a different set of rules than for the general public. These teens just ignored the rules, and were told that until they complied with the rules they could not board. I see nothing wrong with that.

When I was younger my mom worked for Eastern, and we always had to dress nicer than many of the other passengers. It was the same when My GF worked for Delta. We knew very well that the dress code was part of the conditions of getting a free ticket,and that if we didn't follow it we may be denied boarding.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.