Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerball winner

tag
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Powerball winner

What do y'all think the person who won $1billion Powerball prize (that was supposed to be my ticket btw ) the other day, will have in their wallet over the next year in form of credit cards and possible credit limits?  

Am I the only one that is curious about which banks will be all over them to take their cards (and large deposits). 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Powerball winner

Hope he knows about 5/24 🤪

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol with the size of the deposit he could make as entry into CPC, I'm pretty sure 5/24 wouldn't be a factor. 

Message 3 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol with the size of the deposit he could make as entry into CPC, I'm pretty sure 5/24 wouldn't be a factor. 

If going the JPM route, forget CPC...skip Private Client Direct ($1M or $2M minimum) and go straight to Private Bank ($10M minimum).

Last I heard, no one in the USA had gotten an invite for a personal Amex Centurion lately, regardless of spend...so not that.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If going the JPM route, forget CPC...skip Private Client Direct ($1M or $2M minimum) and go straight to Private Bank ($10M minimum).

Last I heard, no one in the USA had gotten an invite for a personal Amex Centurion lately, regardless of spend...so not that.

Thank you - I couldn't remember which was the higher tier. With the deposit into that level of banking that could be made, the winner could be WTAF/24 (that's what the actual FICO) and likely still get offered the JPM Reserve...

Message 5 of 18
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Maybe they'll get a $100 CLI on their CapOne card.   

Message 6 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But, there's always the option for Business Centurion, even with the revised criteria.  I remember getting an invite many moons ago (I passed).  Merrill Lynch would likely give them the Octave (or whatever they offer these days).  Then there's UBS, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, or ...maybe they're just ordinary folk who don't care about CCs that much and just invest it wisely or diversify it into a variety of resources and place some of their funds in local CUs 🤷‍♂️

Or, they'll spend all that wealth and end up in our Rebuilding forums 🤣

Message 7 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But, there's always the option for Business Centurion, even with the revised criteria.  I remember getting an invite many moons ago (I passed).  Merrill Lynch would likely give them the Octave (or whatever they offer these days).  Then there's UBS, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, or ...maybe they're just ordinary folk who don't care about CCs that much and just invest it wisely or diversify it into a variety of resources and place some of their funds in local CUs 🤷‍♂️

I'm going with the later after everyone in the family gets lambos

Message 8 of 18
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going with the later after everyone in the family gets lambos

This will be them in a few years.  

todd chrisley GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

Message 9 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some people are aggressive about wanting to win the lottery...they want money and lots of it. Others do it as a group activity with friends or coworkers, where the expected reward is social currency more than a slim shot at cash. It's certainly possible for a winner to be a saver and a cautious and conservative investor. If there was just one winner, though, then it doesn't sound like a social thing.

Yes, I suppose someone could apply for a Business charge card and just run personal spend through it. My BBP spend runs about 85%-90% personal, 10%-15% business. But there may be a little more financial scrutiny into the (presumable) lack of any real business at 8 figures of spend than 5.

And if I had $1 billion, I might just book First seats outright, rather than hope for the crumbs of Diamonds as a "mere" Delta Platinum. And even Diamonds can have trouble getting those upgrades if someone books them with Virgin Atlantic miles or something. I suppose the Centurion Concierge could beat a good PA when it comes to getting reservations.

Reservations. Ahh yes, dining indoors at restaurants. That was once a thing.

I used to be JPM PCD. I don't think I'd want to go back to that. I like the discount brokerages. It's easier to place an order, and there's no chance that someone with bad hearing or sloppy typing can mess it up.

I do have some investment and tax expertise, though, so wouldn't really need much advice when investing.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.