Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Car(s)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Project Car(s)

Here's my baby. Pretty much bone stock - city living isn't really conducive to working on your car. 

It's going to be dangerous when I live in the suburbs again someday and have room for more cars. LOL.

IMG_2201 (1).jpg

Message 21 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice - I love how fun those cars are and they don't even need mods. Not to mention, if you don't mod, you don't compromise other things...

Message 22 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice - I love how fun those cars are and they don't even need mods. Not to mention, if you don't mod, you don't compromise other things...

I've mainly had Mustangs and Camaros and had no idea I'd love this VW as much as I do. My ex had just bought it shortly before we met in FL, and it just made way more sense to bring it to NYC than my car. I was the one who stubbornly insisted we keep a car living in Manhattan, so I took over the payments and ended up keeping it in the divorce. LOL.

However . . . . . 

addtext_com_mteymza0mtuymzc-552e908420fc5.jpgSmiley LOL

Message 23 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's cool to find out you can have a car that rips in a straight line but can also handle, isn't it? Have you ever seen the extremes the 1.8T and 2.0T have been taken to? It's berserk!

Message 24 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's cool to find out you can have a car that rips in a straight line but can also handle, isn't it? Have you ever seen the extremes the 1.8T and 2.0T have been taken to? It's berserk!

I'm seeing some right now browsing the MK5 Golf forums. (It's a quiet day at the office and I didn't get enough sleep last night.)

Message 25 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a little more old-school, but there are some terrifying rides using boosted I-5 engines. Hell's Racing has done some that are truly at the lunatic fringe, like this one:

https://youtu.be/vxIOyBlxCGM

Message 26 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently building two snow-bashers, and an odd ball:

1- A '99 Bravada with aftermarket overbored v8 block, low to mid-range torque cam, beefed up 4L60E, True Trac in the rear end, reman AWD center, an e-locker in the front, an no ricer-themed aesthetics or exhaust system.

2- An '01 Explorer with aftermarket 302 block (stock), Eaton M112 SC, low to mid-range torque cam, beefed up 4R70W, True Trac in the rear, reman AWD (w/manual disconnect mod), and an e-locker up front, and no ricer-themed aesthetics or exhaust system.

3- An 84 Buick Electra Park Avenue that's undergoing heart transplant and a plastic surgery, before getting a Megasquirt based EFI system etc.

I'm boring.

Message 27 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those sound like a lot of fun honestly. I love oddball builds. I work with a guy who somehow put a Honda 3.5 V6 and transmission in an early-2000s Civic hatch, and has a plow on it. It's the craziest thing to look at but it gets up and RUNS!

Message 28 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did I jinx it or something? You guys wouldn't believe this, but my Explorer was totaled tonight when a DUI basket case of a moron pulled in front of me when I was going 60mph. Seems so unreal! It hasn't even been 24 hours since I mentioned that truck here.
Message 29 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, I hate hearing things like that. You're ok though right?

Message 30 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.