Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION / IDEA

tag
driventoscore
Valued Member

QUESTION / IDEA

Did not know where to post this......so smorgasboard it is.......Had a thought about the board.
If this is not received well; I will not take offense or be offended.  So feel free to post your thoughts or feelings.
Since we are all here for the same reason  improving our credit / fico scores what about a forum that encompasses financial balance.  Meaning savings, budgeting, debt to income ratios,  etc.
I think that this is all part of financial health as much as improving fico scores.  
Having credit cards / lines of credit are a necessary evil for those of us that hang in the lost "middle class" realm.  But shouldn't we also be taking care of the other?

Well;  Just would like your thoughts

Message Edited by driventoscore on 08-23-2008 02:46 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: QUESTION / IDEA

@driventoscore wrote:
Did not know where to post this......so smorgasboard it is.......Had a thought about the board.
If this is not received well; I will not take offense or be offended. So feel free to post your thoughts or feelings.
Since we are all here for the same reason improving our credit / fico scores what about a forum that encompasses financial balance. Meaning savings, budgeting, debt to income ratios, etc.
I think that this is all part of financial health as much as improving fico scores.
Having credit cards / lines of credit are a necessary evil for those of us that hang in the lost "middle class" realm. But shouldn't we also be taking care of the other?
Well; Just would like your thoughts

Message Edited by driventoscore on 08-23-2008 02:46 PM

There are other many other sites for that sort of thing, what makes this site unique is its specific focus on FICO scoring and related matters that some other personal finance sites don't cover as well and sometimes even get wrong.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm not mistaken, that very forum topic/category is being discussed already!!

Hmmm ... wonder what the status on that is??? Mods??? Smiley Happy

I think it might have been a Mod who came up with that idea a few months ago .. if so, great minds think alike!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

There's a lot of good reasons to have it; but there's clamoring for a BizCred forum and a non-secured forum as well. There's some concern about fragmenting the overall site by adding more and more forums, even though they're all valuable. I had to shrink the fonts on the main page just so that I can easily run an eye over it all and keep track.

The growth here has been explosive, which is wonderful, but it's a real challenge trying to stay on top of it all!

BTW, this isn't any sort of speaking-for-the-mods response; just my take on it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I think there should be one on credit unions. Not only the national ones we know so well, but the many local ones as well.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's make a Navy Federal is awesome forum. Can I be the mod?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.