Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Amex Appreciation

tag
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

Quick Amex Appreciation

Placing this here as its not a credit card approval or application - just and interesting morning phone call.

I reached out to Amex on the phone regarding a credit of 300.00 made to my Blue Cash Preferred. I thought one of my vendors reversed a transaction (I had one for 300.00) BUT to my surprise Amex gave me the credit as a sign up bonus. I had no idea I was even offered said bonus. To make my morning even more interesting on the call the rep told me that since I am already paying to add my wife as an AU on my account I can add my daughter to my account even though she is only 14 at no additional charge. I was under the impression I had to wait until 16 or 18. This is great news as my daughter will be going to London on a class trip for 3 weeks and I need her to have a card just in case.

up.

In conclusion just when I was a bit down with Amex giving me a small SL and asking for payments mid cycle on my NPSL cards - they make me fall in love all over again. I would't even be in Amex's good graces again had it not been for the information received on the forum in my lurking days.

Business Cards:
Amex Business Plus: 6000 // Amex Business Hilton Honors: 3000 // Amex Delta Gold: 4900 // Amex Business Platinum NPSL POT 5000 // Amex Business Gold NPSL POT 15000

Personal Cards:
Discover It Cash Back: 8000 // Chase Saphire Preferred: 5000 // Truist Enjoy Beyond: 4500 // Amex Blue Cash Preferred: 1000 // Cap1SavorOne: 2000 // Cap1 Secured Platinum: 200 // Cap1 QuiksilverOne 2000 // Citi Double Cash: 5200 // Amex Platinum NPSL POT 4000 // Amex Gold NPSL POT 1750

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
2 REPLIES 2
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Quick Amex Appreciation

Glad to hear you had such a great experience! I do find them very accommodating to work with

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Quick Amex Appreciation

Very nice. That sub must've been nice!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.